Friday, November 03, 2006

Imagine

QUIZ WINNER ANNOUNCED, SEE FOOTPRINTS!
Link: the answer
**********************************************
Oh, I'm still stuck at my desk so I want to have a bit of fun with a quiz today.
What is this? (Or what are these?)
Found as shown in the university main building, I didn't move or set up anything but just clicked my camera, then I cropped the photo and pushed the contrast and this is the result. I have four postcards made with this photo (<--link) which is one of my favorites, I have turned comment moderation on and will announce the first four who give the correct answers in 24 hours. And if you think this photo doesn't show HK then let me tell you, it does, in a symbolic way -- HK has a bright and colorful side as well as a dark side! ;-)

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Imagine"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 03, 2006 6:32 PM) : 

Hey Lisi,
Are those mood arrangement spaces ? ;) "Put your belongings in the one colored-space according to your mood"-- blue if you're relaxed, or red if you're way to furious :D

 

Blogger Michael Salone said ... (November 03, 2006 7:19 PM) : 

Lisi...your photos just get better and better. I love the "chair for solitude" especially. This one, however, I'm not to keen on. Mostly because I can't figure out the answer. Lighted surfboards is my guess!!! ;-)

 

Blogger Andreea said ... (November 03, 2006 7:31 PM) : 

my first impression was surf boards. guess not ... great photo!

 

Blogger Kate said ... (November 03, 2006 7:51 PM) : 

I haven't a clue, but I like the colours. Your narrative is very mysterious. Can't wait for the answer. PS. I'll send you a postcard if you'll send me one! :>)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 03, 2006 8:39 PM) : 

HKU/Thoreau's chairs "for society"?

 

Blogger Marcyś said ... (November 03, 2006 10:12 PM) : 

It has to be something colourful ;-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 03, 2006 11:34 PM) : 

des sieges sur le quai de metro. tres belle couleur.

seats on the quay of subways. very beautiful color

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 03, 2006 11:49 PM) : 

Gosh..I have been sitting her for long minutes and I have no idea what is it:) Maybe a transformator-house..I really dont know

 

Blogger Victoria said ... (November 04, 2006 12:21 AM) : 

Those almost look like partitions for phone booths, but I see no phones. I'm going to guess cubby-holes of some sort. Really nice colors.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 04, 2006 2:01 AM) : 

This must be.... light reflections on a wall, coming through filters like blinds or something... actually, I have no idea. But I think the colours are very pretty.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 04, 2006 2:02 AM) : 

window louvers or windows blinds?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 04, 2006 3:02 AM) : 

Like this photo and the color ! Very nice graphic. Are they telephone kiosks ? If they are, quick outstanding :)

 

Blogger Meg said ... (November 04, 2006 4:44 AM) : 

OK, I have no idea what these are, so I'll just go with boats drying on some beach or by a river or some such. (Only because they are the wrong shape for kayaks or surf boards.) I do lack imagination.

 

Blogger Steve said ... (November 04, 2006 8:44 AM) : 

They look like bowls of some kind.

 

Blogger Rodney said ... (November 04, 2006 8:48 AM) : 

Wow! This is such a nice shot!

It looks like a stairway?

 

Blogger Denton said ... (November 04, 2006 12:05 PM) : 

You stumped me completely. This may have been the longest I have studied a daily photo post and I have no idea ... I'll be back to hear the answer.

 

Blogger Kala said ... (November 04, 2006 5:26 PM) : 

you know, at first I thought these were surfboards but being its HK photo, I dont know now hmmmm I'm going to kick myself when I find out what it was but for a fun guess, I will just say its a rainbow you captured in a jar =P

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (November 04, 2006 6:30 PM) : 

OH geez...did I make it too difficult! It was a stack of chairs...like the one you see in the "chair for solitude" post...and I took the photo sideway...

ok, if you think you would have got the answer if I turned the photo or mentioned that it was taken sideway, send me your address anywaz, I'll send you a postcard.

So the winner is w...congratulations and do you want to share how you'd guessed? bravo to you, very creative answer referring to the previous post and it came just at a moment when I thought nobody would have guessed!

Kate, deal!

Denton, I feel honored that my photo got your attention for longer than any DP bloggers'...lol

Wow, and do I have some visitors who really like quiz? I think so...we'll do it another time, thanks for your participation and let's everybody have a good weekend.

I see some new names here: Marcy, Victoria and steve, WElCOME!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 04, 2006 7:28 PM) : 

Wow - I'm still trying to figure it out, even after you've told us the answer!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 04, 2006 9:11 PM) : 

The texture and color intensity of the green chair (of previous post) gave me the hint. Good weekend to all :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 04, 2006 10:54 PM) : 

shoot. I think my comment didn't post properly :(

 

post a comment