Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Wong Kar Wai's colors

Have you heard of HK director Wong Kar Wai? Well, I'm not a fan but I like some of his movies. I spotted this in a 50+ year old herbal tea shop in Central (see this photo), these colors and the nostalgic mood surely remind me of Wong's movies. BTW, Wong's Happy Together gave me my first impression of Buenos Aires, but now of course I refer to Karine and Cynthia's photoblogs.

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Wong Kar Wai's colors"

 

Blogger Nicola said ... (March 14, 2006 5:47 PM) : 

I like that style with those little colored tiles a lot! Nice color combination in this photo together with the glas...

 

Blogger Bob said ... (March 14, 2006 6:16 PM) : 

Nice colours and textures

 

Blogger Amande said ... (March 14, 2006 8:09 PM) : 

Nice, very nice and I am glad that you like my funky glasses :)

 

Blogger midnitebara said ... (March 15, 2006 8:59 AM) : 

the way you shot it is a work of art itself. hope I have a keen eye like you.

 

Blogger . said ... (March 15, 2006 10:10 AM) : 

You are so good at capturing colors and patterns :-)

 

Blogger Wolf said ... (March 15, 2006 1:08 PM) : 

Brillant color!

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (March 15, 2006 4:49 PM) : 

thank you thank you everybody, this is one of my recent favorites and I went to that shop knowing I will find something special.

Karine: "Happy Together" is more intense than moody comparing to other WKW movies, but it is a good story on the struggle of love and hate (a bit cliche here), on another note, the waterfall is magnificient...

Wolf: is it your first time here? Welcome!

ChrisH and Minitebara: I'm learning to "look" at things, so let's learn together
:-)

 

Blogger Cynthia Quiros said ... (March 15, 2006 8:14 PM) : 

I saw "Happy together" the other day and loved it!! This picture is very beautiful love the colours and textures

 

Blogger Rodney said ... (March 16, 2006 2:52 AM) : 

Lisi,

Great color and texture. I love it!

 

Blogger Simon said ... (March 17, 2006 6:23 AM) : 

In the mood for love is one of my favourite films (that was wkw wans't it?) and this one captures the revival of fashion that retrospection can give. Nice pic!

 

post a comment