Thursday, November 02, 2006

Chair for solitude

I had three chairs in my house; one for solitude, two for friendship, three for society. Henry David Thoreau
There are several reasons I took and post this photo: the Green chair (yes Rudy :-) I notice!), the tiles (beautiful, isn't it?), the sunlight and shadow (I miss Bob's Barcelona DP), the feeling of solitude (because somebody said "one is inspired only in solitude" and I need some inspiration), and lastly, it's not a bad shot, isn't it? :-) I have made good progress with the assignment...So how's your day/yesterday?
p.s. this shot was taken at the same building a few months ago.

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Chair for solitude"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 02, 2006 7:39 PM) : 

tres belle photo, les ombres, les couleurs, un tres beau moment de solitude.


very beautiful photograph, shades, colors, a very beautiful moment of loneliness.

 

Blogger Sally said ... (November 02, 2006 8:01 PM) : 

You managed to elements extremely well! PS I loved the bride pic from the other day too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 02, 2006 8:50 PM) : 

So true: "one is inspired only in solitude"...I think, most of the time. Right now I am inspired to look for my camera manual and read up on shutter speeds, aperture setting, and what not. I have an important assignment of my own...winter is coming. I like that cool green chair amongst the warm, busy background of tiles and shadows.

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (November 02, 2006 10:43 PM) : 

w, you have a photographic assignment? I wonder what would that be...anywaz, mmm...has it snowed yet? wink wink :-)

 

Blogger Carlos Lorenzo said ... (November 02, 2006 11:07 PM) : 

Again another good angle. The strong light and shadows make a powerful shot, plus the abstract message that gives the broken chair. Yes, now that you mention it, reminds Bob in a way. Those tiles are lovely background for the green chair.

 

Blogger Kate said ... (November 02, 2006 11:08 PM) : 

The floor pattern is intriguing. Solitude is great, but I also like socializing. Keeps us human. But, I guess both do that for us, right?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 03, 2006 12:58 AM) : 

Beautiful shot. You have a great way of using the colors that you find to frame the way we look at the view.

 

Blogger Meg said ... (November 03, 2006 2:37 AM) : 

The campus looks rather English. Now finish your paper!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 03, 2006 4:28 AM) : 

I remember chairs like these fro my school days! Great shot.

Lisi, I am desperately trying to work out how to do an rss feed on my page and will let you know when I work it out, thanks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 03, 2006 5:08 AM) : 

very nice tiles and the chair goes well with them, great Bob colours.

busy here, but no papers to write.

(yuo gonna like 1stDec DP theme!)

=)

 

Blogger Carraol said ... (November 03, 2006 6:26 AM) : 

Beautiful Colors! A fine shot.

 

Blogger Bill said ... (November 03, 2006 8:52 AM) : 

Looks like a good place to study! I love the tile work.

 

Blogger Denton said ... (November 03, 2006 10:12 AM) : 

Wonderful photo! Barcelona [Bob] as an inspiration is a grand idea ... The chair in the photo brings back memories of school for me are more about groups than solitude.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 03, 2006 1:46 PM) : 

Lisi - great shot!

I gotta try me some shots like this.

You mention inspiration - we you have inspired me...

Bluey

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 03, 2006 4:53 PM) : 

oh, love it! for the reasons you mentioned (does remind me of bob).
Its a pity, the tiles are no longer popular these days.

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (November 03, 2006 6:13 PM) : 

Meg, yes m'am I'm working hard...and yes it is very English because it was built by the British!

John, I would really like to be a regular visitor to your blog with RSS ;p

Jazzy, I have already done that a few months ago, just legs in the photo, lol

Denton, you know what, I was really wondering because the wooden part is too small for me...

You are all very kind, I guess light and shadow are always best partners in making things more dramatic

 

Blogger Carol E. said ... (November 04, 2006 8:47 AM) : 

This photo is wonderful! Great colors, and I love that floor.

 

post a comment