Thursday, October 26, 2006

Pilgrims

Pilgrims in front of Cathedral de Chanel. Cheongsam? What cheongsam? The lady in the left has already declared her loyalty with the shopping bag :-) I took this photo on Tuesday, the same day I took the cheongsam photos in the same area, ie, Central; imagine the cultural shock! LOL.

Recommendation: In HKDP you see photo of canned olives in supermarket, but in Real Daily Photo by Wilf James you get to see a lovely photo of olives on trees today. Looking at the photo I can imagine his joy of picking olives from his own place, taking them to an olive mill and returning home with a few litres of "homemade" extra virgin olive oil! Wilf is a professional photographer living in south of France (near Spain if I understand correctly) and his blog has lots of beautiful photos of people and nature plus links to his other sites.

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Pilgrims"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 26, 2006 5:29 PM) : 

You managed to catch someone having a Marilyn Monroe moment too (woman walking past on the right).

 

Blogger GiuCe said ... (October 26, 2006 6:43 PM) : 

I like the reflects!... nice moment for girl on the right ;)

greetings from Trujillo-Perú
-Giu-

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 26, 2006 7:54 PM) : 

great photo Lisi, Monroe skirt effect you caught nicely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 26, 2006 8:08 PM) : 

What is it that it seems all women are so obsessed with designer handbags? Anyway...we can learn a lot from your compositional skills. I like the way you snap the tall lady in front of the simple, clean column amongst the mumble jumble street scene and display window. Great focal point. Btw, mustard + olives is a combo that is unforgettable (yucky!) :-)

 

Blogger High Power Rocketry said ... (October 26, 2006 9:12 PM) : 

: )

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 26, 2006 9:40 PM) : 

yeah man~ was looking at the "Monroe" lady rather than those ladies...LOL
indeed a good catch! *thumbs up*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 26, 2006 10:50 PM) : 

That is a hlilarious window display! Two high fashion mannequins standing by a push scooter holding what looks like a jockey helmet and wearing lady versions of fishermans boots! Strange...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 27, 2006 12:01 AM) : 

Alors tu rentres ou tu ne rentres pas ;o)


Then you return or you do not return ;O)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 27, 2006 10:19 AM) : 

Lisi, you have such a talent for capturing people - another winner here.

 

Blogger midnitebara said ... (October 27, 2006 12:40 PM) : 

cathedral de chanel! My sister would be a devotee there,hahahah!

so those china dresses are called cheongsam, I always call them china dress. I love them, in fact I have 2, one short and a long one. I bought it many years back when i visited your city but now they are just stacked somewhere. My body ain't good for them dresses anymore, hihihi ^_^;

enjoy the weekend!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 27, 2006 2:48 PM) : 

Lisi..your speciality to take photos with parallel stories. On your photos usually something is happening in the background which is like a hidden story of the "main" theme.:)

 

Blogger Manuel Tendero Gil said ... (October 27, 2006 4:03 PM) : 

estupendas fotografias un saludo

 

Blogger Kala said ... (October 27, 2006 4:27 PM) : 

what can I say, two beautiful women of Hong Kong in front of a beautiful window display =D

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (October 27, 2006 6:05 PM) : 

jackie, you are new here and you led the pack???

guice...our profile photos are so similar! welcome to HKDP!

baaaaaaaaaaaad boys and gals, leave the monroe lady alone, we are on a sacred pilgrimage here...LOL! Now, let's focus on the altar of Coco

w, it's either shoes, handbags, clothes or cosmetics, guys have to be glad that mostly women are not obsessed with ALL. And one of these days I'll take a M+O photo just for you, so watch out! LOL

Alex, new here? what's that smile...I presume it's about the monroe gal

mike c, this is called post modern avant garde neo-expressionism pop high fashion

Olivier, to return or not to return?

zsolt72, you're probably right, my eyes always stray away from the main action, especially while watching movies or theatre

Kala, you can say "Lisi you win the Honolulu Marlin quiz" hehe

thanks everyone, I enjoy this post and your footprints very much :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 27, 2006 7:26 PM) : 

lol, I didn't mean to disrupt your blog!

Yeah I'm new - I'm going to start a DP (another Glasgow one) but not till next autumn, as I will be working away from my lovely city for several months of next year. But I will keep visiting and commenting on the various blogs in the meantime. I like this one a lot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 27, 2006 8:30 PM) : 

Last btw:
"Pilgrims in front of Cathedral de Chanel".....how did you come up with that? Priceless! :-)

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (October 28, 2006 9:33 AM) : 

mmm...w, priceless in what sense? like "unforgettable"? :p

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 28, 2006 11:02 AM) : 

Ha Ha! To call the ladies "pilgrims", and the chanel store a "cathedral"....I mean, wow...that takes momumental imagination. I don't think the best minds in the screen-plays industry can come up with associations like that. You see... priceless. Great job!
Hmmm...I know the center of focus is the tall pilgrim and the column, but my eyes keep taking sneak looks at ms. monroe. It's the end of the week, I'm tired and can't focus anymore. :-)

 

Blogger Wilf James said ... (October 29, 2006 5:56 PM) : 

Hey Lisi, Sunday morning catch up. What a great image with so much going on including that M.M. moment. I love the composition and juxtaposition of the people.

And of course an big thank you for your kind words and link.

 

post a comment