Saturday, October 28, 2006

Ladder Street 2

Ladder Street (<--link to previous post) is loooooooong and it took me one week to get to this spot LOL. This is the view looking up from the famous Man Mo Temple. See the previous post and use the green tree as reference point to figure out how long it is. And it doesn't end here! Lucky me to have captured two guys taking the challenge and the senior couple resting on their way down. So how does Ladder Street compare to Montmartre in Paris? I think this is the tougher climb. Any similar place in your city?

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Ladder Street 2"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 28, 2006 3:47 PM) : 

Aha I was going to mention the Montmartre streets ... but then I finished reading the rest of your blurb.

I wish I was in HK ...

 

Blogger Carraol said ... (October 28, 2006 3:55 PM) : 

Great idea, I love the use of B&W mix with Color. You always surprise me! The stairs looks more heavy in B & W.

 

Blogger Michael Salone said ... (October 28, 2006 4:20 PM) : 

Wow lisi, this could be a double for the steps leading up to Sacre Coeur here in Paris. It is really beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 28, 2006 8:21 PM) : 

nice shot! i love it~
btw, i think the 2 aunties over there bring a stool along purposely~ LOL...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 28, 2006 8:25 PM) : 

My favorite "street" in the world. Thanks Lisi for part 2. Being Away from HK, I haven't been on it for a while and I miss it. This street can be one's budget stepper or an important means to get from one level to the next in the hilly city. Points of destinations seem limitless...when looking up, one cannot see the top...don't know where it ends... until one gets there. Btw, the stairs of Montmartre in Paris are awesome. Sadly, I don't believe we can find a "ladder street" in Shanghai; we were inforned that it is on the plains. :-) Another wonderful shot Lisi; and great photoshopping!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 28, 2006 9:34 PM) : 

belle photo et beau traitement.
comme dit 'w' elle fait penser aux escaliers de montmartre.


beautiful photograph and beautiful treatment.
like known as “W” it makes think of the staircases montmartre.

 

Blogger Ame said ... (October 29, 2006 12:07 AM) : 

HI LISI!!!!!!!!!!! Great shot...looks like the perfect place for me to do some "stair-climbing-running" work...wonder if I could make it all the way to the top! Did you go up after you took the picture? =)

 

Blogger Citizen_Stu said ... (October 29, 2006 8:45 AM) : 

Great photo. I think I would be very out of breath if I tried climbing those

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (October 29, 2006 1:38 PM) : 

jan, carraol, Michael, if I were in charge, I would definitely install those beautiful street lamps along the street, it would be so beautiful that it equals the Montmartre steps.

min, only those who actually have gone up and down understand why there are benches along the way :-)

w, I hope it helps to sustain your love affair with HK/Hollywood Road/Ladder Street; and I bet you would love the quicktime video in today's post, I found it by accident.

Olivier, mucho gracias (just for a change) :-)

Ame and Stu, yes I take Ladder Street from time to time, it isn't so bad if I don't look up and imagine myself climbing Montmartre.

Thank you everyone. Have a nice sunday! It's time for me to get back to the assignment.

 

Blogger Wilf James said ... (October 29, 2006 6:11 PM) : 

What a great image Montmartre steps in HK - I never knew nor did I see them when I was there.

I am sure they have their own magic and pain perhaps? I love the name - Ladder Street - but would I ever be able to climb to the top?

 

Blogger Kala said ... (October 30, 2006 7:56 AM) : 

first thing that came to mind - how long does it take to go from bottom to top - its similar to the place I run that has 1100 steps that I posted here
I usually race with the high school kids I coach and so far we gotten it down to between 12 to 13 minutes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 30, 2006 10:03 PM) : 

*gulp* even after 2 years of living on 4th floor, i'm still short of breath when going up the stairs..imagine staying around this area, i'll join the 2 seniors there!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 31, 2006 12:05 AM) : 

Lisi, isn't this the street that is always featured in HK dramas? It must be!!! It looks familiar for a TV addict like me! haha...

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (October 31, 2006 2:22 AM) : 

Wilf, I think it's doable for u :-)

Kala, now I'm really curious, I haven't counted the steps but my estimation is about half of yours...maybe I should do a quiz like your recent Marlin one...12 to 13 minutes! Kala you remind me of your self portrait :-)

Kris, I'll join them too coz' they were going downhill when I saw them lol

keropok, I think I know which street you talked about, not likely to be this one but this one here
http://hongkongdailyphoto.blogspot.com/2006/05/bape-store-and-gas-lamps.html
because it is a popular location...

If Cal see this, I hope you can tell us more about how you made the walk from "head to tail" from Queen's Road especially after work!!!!

 

Blogger Curly said ... (November 03, 2006 3:15 AM) : 

Very reminiscent of Chris's Dog Leap Stairs in Newcastle Daily (must be a mini theme this week.)

Again, nice use of Photoshop Lisi.

Curly's Photoshop

 

post a comment