Wednesday, August 30, 2006

New moon, star, spaceship

650Clear night sky, new moon, a very bright star...kind of romantic.
And a spaceship! ;-) It didn't turn out as good as I've hoped, but I want to show you the new moon last night. Does anyone know if that star above the moon is Polaris (no, it's not dust on your monitor)? The "spaceship" is the edge of a buildng in an area called CyberPort, where I took this photo in May.
Links: another view of the "spaceship", moonlight in Barcelona and Taipei

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "New moon, star, spaceship"

 

Blogger Oleanderman said ... (August 30, 2006 6:22 PM) : 

Great depth of colour - very cool shot.

 

Blogger Meg said ... (August 30, 2006 6:22 PM) : 

Very cool.

 

Blogger Bob said ... (August 31, 2006 6:34 AM) : 

Great moon shot - we've got one here too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (August 31, 2006 6:34 AM) : 

What a beautiful blue sky.

Is "new moon" a Chinese expression? I though new moon is when the it is invisible from the Earth.

 

Blogger Citizen_Stu said ... (August 31, 2006 7:02 AM) : 

I bet it is an alien spaceship and you are in on the conspiracy :p

 

Blogger tinyhands said ... (August 31, 2006 11:55 AM) : 

Polaris is almost directly over the north pole (pole = Polaris) thus its more common name, the North Star. The moon doesn't go to such northern latitudes, so that star isn't Polaris. There are only a few stars (and planets) bright enough to be visible that close to the moon (and in a city as "noisy" as HK). If you tell me what time the picture was taken, I might be able to figure out what it really is.

 

Blogger Felicia said ... (August 31, 2006 3:09 PM) : 

I think this photo came out very nicely! I love the neon lights of the spaceship.

 

Blogger Jazzy said ... (August 31, 2006 5:45 PM) : 

Great photo, I like the color of the sky.

My camera doesn't allow me to take a photo of the sky or moon this good so I gave up.

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (August 31, 2006 6:44 PM) : 

Hi anonymous, I don't know, maybe I have mixed up the meaning of new moon in Chinese with English...it happens to me sometimes.

Tinyhands, the photo was taken around 7:10 pm on August 29 HK time...

Jazzy, no harm trying, maybe you'll get something special.

Thanks everyone for the footprints!

 

Blogger Ham said ... (September 01, 2006 8:01 AM) : 

Lovely shot & colour, it's almost certainly a planet, not a star.

 

post a comment