Sunday, July 16, 2006

Tram ride

450This is something I've been wanting to show you -- the tram. I think the best way for visitors to see HK is to take a tram ride, the longest route runs from one end of the HK island to the other end, taking about 1.5 hour and Euro 0.2/US$0.3 ;-) The great thing is that it takes you through some distinctively different areas of HK and give you a good overview of what the city is like.

If you have something similar in your city, do let me know, it will be useful when I visit ;-)

This tram is decorated in a special theme to promote the city, for a similar design on a ferry, click here.

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Tram ride"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (July 16, 2006 6:57 PM) : 

Hi Lisi! Yeah I have tried this and I love it! Great way to enjoy HK!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (July 16, 2006 9:49 PM) : 

Interesting. We don't have it here.

 

Blogger Nicola said ... (July 17, 2006 8:57 AM) : 

Cool! Never seen a double-decker tram before. Only know this from busses. Very interesting!

 

Blogger Alex said ... (July 17, 2006 10:47 AM) : 

I wish we could have such nice red elevated tram in Boston!It's really neat.

-Alex

 

Blogger Rodney said ... (July 17, 2006 11:56 AM) : 

Nice photo! I like the color of the tram. Very nice red.

 

Blogger Eric said ... (July 17, 2006 12:30 PM) : 

I agree with Nicola...I've seen trams and I've seen double decker buses, but never a double decker tram. Very unique!

 

Blogger edwin s said ... (July 17, 2006 4:18 PM) : 

I've never seen these in ny HK visits. But then again, I'd never take one. I'm a tad bit claustrophobic ;)

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (July 17, 2006 6:35 PM) : 

Hi...

you're right! I think HK is the only place where I've seen double decker tram too!

Luggi, thanks for letting me know.

Edwin, the MTR is the place which is really claustrophic, the tram is ok, try it next time ;-)

Darren, thanks for the info, but it should be noted that the tram is a local transport and is nothing designed for tourist/sightseeing ;-)

thanks everybody for your footprints.

 

Blogger Kala said ... (July 17, 2006 8:03 PM) : 

very interesting - we have buses you can take to get a sense of the people that live in different parts of the island but then again, you might be waiting forever for buses and trying to figure out which bus stop to use and which bus to catch so never mind - just rent a car =D

 

Blogger midnitebara said ... (July 18, 2006 7:25 AM) : 

thanks, now I know what to ride if I visit.

 

post a comment