Friday, November 17, 2006

Oh Crab!

I bet it looks bizarre to you...LOL! This is a 3D advertisement built onto a bus stop in Wanchai, and the product is obviously, crab. To be more specific, it is Shanghai crab, a famous delicacy from Shanghai and its vicinity which is in season during autumn. Like all yummy food, this kind of fresh water crab has a dark side -- it comes with a lot of cholesterol and is kind of expensive. But still, it has a lot of fans in HK (me included ;p).
p.s. since Dawn asked -- a real Shanghai crab is actually about the size of a lady's fist.

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Oh Crab!"

 

Blogger Kate said ... (November 17, 2006 8:23 PM) : 

Ah, I FINALLY got into your blog; I just sent you an email requesting help. Crab is delicious and your photo is wonderful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 17, 2006 9:10 PM) : 

Ingenious display at a most unlikely location! Fantastic photo. Other than the giant that's standing up, are the other crabs replicas or real? ... nah, can't be real right?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 17, 2006 10:23 PM) : 

Cool advert. How large are the real crabs?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 17, 2006 10:24 PM) : 

ce crabe donne envie, malgres son cholesterol, des fois, il faut savoir vivre dangereusement ;o)


this crab gives desire, malgres its cholesterol, of the times, it is necessary to know to live dangerously ;o)

 

Blogger Carlos Lorenzo said ... (November 18, 2006 3:49 AM) : 

Watering mouth right now. I wish I could join you for supper over a bunch of those crabs. Not that big of course. I don't want to have nightmares

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 18, 2006 8:43 AM) : 

I wonder if crabs get crabby too..;)...sorry, very lame joke.

Thanks for the compliment on my photos! And I agree, I love the Katherine Hepburn autobiography. I haven't read the ST section, but I'm getting there. I can't read the book fast enough ;)

Later!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 18, 2006 9:27 AM) : 

what a cool shot Lisi.
never tried Shanghai crab, sounds great though.

 

Blogger Ben Nakagawa said ... (November 18, 2006 12:41 PM) : 

Yum!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 18, 2006 2:08 PM) : 

Now that's a bus stop. Totally dazzling!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 18, 2006 3:03 PM) : 

we dont have this 3d advertisements...every day I can see something new on DP:) thanks for posting this Lisi

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 18, 2006 3:23 PM) : 

ooo.. although it is so tedious to eat crabs, but i will still eat it when i have lots of time to spare.

especially chilli or black or white pepper crabs. yum yum..

Hmmm have not seen 3D advertisements that big before!

 

Blogger Eric said ... (November 18, 2006 4:10 PM) : 

It looks like something from a horror film. I'd be afraid to be at this bus stop for fear that it would come out of the glass!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 18, 2006 4:59 PM) : 

crab shrine!!
i'm want of the devotees..heheh
like 'em with chilli never steam

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 18, 2006 5:00 PM) : 

i meant "one" not want ..geez :D

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (November 18, 2006 6:25 PM) : 

Kate, sometimes I have to reload a few times to get the photos to show up...I don't know but there will be a change in HKDP and hopefully this problem will be resolved

w, remember those replicas of dishes of Japanese restaurants? :-)

dawn, the size of a lady's fist, the claws and legs are super skinny so I can have 2 to 3

Olivier, I'm already living quite dangerously in many ways, lol

Carlos, your kids would love this adv/installation, the claws move sideways

Shrig, keep reading...I don't think I've seen any of KH's movie but her life story is interesting...

Eric, how true, this can be a movie adv as well, " the invasion of the crabs"

Jazzy and Ben, you'd have to come to HK or go to Shanghai...make sure in autumn though

Zsolt, Lachezar, Keropok, it's pretty cool, isn't it? we don't usually have bus stop adv like this one...

Kris, I like the term "crab shrine", it could be used as the title :-)

Thanks everyone for dropping by...have a good weekend.

 

post a comment