Thursday, November 09, 2006

Dangerous passion

Passion fruit trees in Herboland (see yesterday's post).
I actually laughed out loud when I read on the net that in some cultures, people believe that "after eating a passion fruit, you fall in love with the next person you make eye contact with"!
Geez, that can be dangerous, either you make sure the "right" person is around; or the "right" person will actually look at you (and not a super model) after he/she bites into the fruit. And then equally dangerous is that passion fruit flowers and unripe passion fruits contain cyanide. So, ripe or unripe, watch out if you are given a passion fruit...mmm...on second thought, who do you want to give a passion fruit to? Ripe or unripe? ;-)

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Dangerous passion"

 

Blogger midnitebara said ... (November 09, 2006 5:51 PM) : 

I'd be careful then, hehehe! good to see such refreshing green!

 

Blogger edwin s said ... (November 09, 2006 6:17 PM) : 

I think I'm immune to the fruit. After all, I'm a passionate fruit myself! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 10, 2006 1:59 AM) : 

Very beautiful photo, and fruit. I never saw a pic of them growing before. Thank you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 10, 2006 6:44 AM) : 

Road map:
1. Find someone you like.
2. Buy a fully ripen, flowerless passion fruit.
3. Enjoy the fruit together while gazing into each other's eyes.
:-)

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (November 10, 2006 5:06 PM) : 

btw, I hope they won't serve passion fruit at the Herboland tea house...Gavin is married and the rubber duck looks so lovesick...

Ed, can we bite you? Btw, I got your postcard, thank you sweetie!

Ruth, welcome to HKDP

w, thank you for giving serious thoughts about it, my other visitors are probably kind of shy

 

Blogger Steve said ... (November 11, 2006 3:20 PM) : 

I should be careful, I have two passionfruit vines growing in my garden.

I don't think my wife would be too impressed if I fell in love with the 80 year old lady next door.

 

Blogger Carlos Lorenzo said ... (November 12, 2006 8:12 AM) : 

Great looking fresh healthy passion fruit "fruits". I like the dof and bokeh.

 

post a comment