Thursday, November 16, 2006

City Hall

Is this considered retro style now? The Hong Kong City Hall was built in the 60s and is made up of two parts, the high block and the low block. The 12-storey high block is possibly one of the most photographed spots in the city as there's a marriage registry in the building. I have seen many beautiful night photos of the exterior of the high block and here's my best attempt. Can you see "w" there? I remember playing this game when I was small -- use your imagination and you can actually find quite a few alphabets in the right side of this photo :-)
Link: a day time photo of this building, official page of the Hong Kong City Hall

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "City Hall"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 16, 2006 8:35 PM) : 

Great shot - I like the contrast between the left and right sides of the picture.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 16, 2006 8:56 PM) : 

No, I was not there. :-)
Now that you mentioned it, I do see quite a few letters up there in the column bays with the interior stairs. Looking at the day photo, I love the ground floor exterior steps - so much like my favorite street!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 16, 2006 11:44 PM) : 

surprenante cette mairie, deux styles differents.
au jeux des lettres, j'ais vu des "Y", evidement des "M". et avec beaucoup d'imagination on peut voir des tetes ouvertes de serpents


surprising this town hall, two styles different. with the plays of the letters, I board seen of “Y”, cavity of the “M”. and with much of imagination one can see open heads of snakes

 

Blogger Kate said ... (November 17, 2006 12:21 AM) : 

I like your photo MUCH BETTER than Wikipedia's. Patterns fascinate me and the steps are wonderful. Good job!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 17, 2006 1:23 AM) : 

I like the lines and patterns the stairs present. Also, your explanation made me laugh. Next to babies I assume marriages are the next most photographed events.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 17, 2006 3:52 AM) : 

yeah so many patterns and i like the touch of pink on the stairs =) interestingly taken shot Lisi.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 17, 2006 2:14 PM) : 

I try to imagine the little Lisi trying to find alphabets in the building.:) I had a similar game in my childhood..on the cupboard i always saw two tigers or at times faces in the burl of the wood.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 17, 2006 2:41 PM) : 

Registry of Marriage buildings are usually well photographed!

Hmmm there's a floor that the colours of the lights are different. (The top one) Wonder why....

 

Blogger Felicia said ... (November 17, 2006 6:01 PM) : 

Beautiful Lisi! When I noticed the people it made me feel like I was looking into a little doll house.

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (November 17, 2006 7:35 PM) : 

w, lol, I got your attention, right?

Olivier, I also see "k" and "v" are also there...

a, can you see "a" there? ;-)

Kate, thank you, I'm flattered...

Denton, I have quite a few photos taken in front of this building myself...

zsolt, we are definitely the imaginative kind...

Keropok Man, this building has some special lights in the evening that changes color, I guess that's probably why...

Felicia, exactly, doll house is exactly what it looks like!

and thanks to J & J (Jackie and Jazzy)...:-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 18, 2006 10:03 PM) : 

Looks like the INNSIDE hotel in Munich. Great shots from HK, feels like still being there...although I am not.

 

post a comment