Monday, October 30, 2006

Smoke-free

Scene from my life: sunday breakfast at a quiet fast food restaurant. The food is so-so but I have to credit this chain group for being one of the first smoke-free eateries in HK -- way ahead of government legislation. But from January 1, 2007, smoking will be banned in most indoor public areas including restaurants, offices, bars and karaokes. By then, HK smokers will join their comrades in other big cities in standing and puffing on the streets outside restaurants and offices.

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Smoke-free"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 30, 2006 7:05 PM) : 

Scotland went smoke-free in public places (bars, restaurants, offices etc) earlier this year, and I must say I think it's great. I really notice the difference now when I'm in other parts of the UK (not yet smoke-free), as I've got used to fresh air again so quickly!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 30, 2006 8:20 PM) : 

welcome to the smoke-free world~ singapore has introduce this long time ago...& recently including some open spaces are banned too...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 30, 2006 8:41 PM) : 

Apres 4 essais, je n'arrive pas a voir tes photos, j'espere que demain cela ira mieux ;o((( . bonne journee

After 4 tests, I do not arrive has to see your photographs, I hope that tomorrow that will be better ;o(((. good day

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 30, 2006 9:03 PM) : 

Striking contrasting colors! Hope the ban will encourage HK smokers to quit as they appear to be doing in my neck of the woods. Since taking effect about ten years ago, smokers here is a disappearing breed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 30, 2006 9:55 PM) : 

The restaurant must have done the survey. A good move by the gov. nonetheless.
the weird things is i was never bothered by smokers before. I just didnt care.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 30, 2006 10:27 PM) : 

orange and black works well together ... funny makes me think of holloween... :P

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 31, 2006 12:07 AM) : 

This glutton here is asking, is the food good there? :-P

 

Blogger Denton said ... (October 31, 2006 1:44 AM) : 

Smoke free legislation seems to be the trend. I plan to post on that subject in the near future. Personally I am all in favor of the ban ... Codo's to this restaurant for being ahead of the curve.

 

Blogger Felicia said ... (October 31, 2006 6:58 AM) : 

I'm guessing that you are looking forward to January 1! I wear contact lenses so I prefer smoke free places and luckily in California it has been smoke free for some time now.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 31, 2006 8:55 AM) : 

it's nice to hear HK will soon have a smoking ban as well! We've had one here in winnipeg for a while. I enjoy seeing the smokers outside in -20 huddling togehter to stay warm :)

that's a very stylish fast food restaurant! If the ones in canada looked so nice. what typ of food do they serve?

I also thought of halloween whe I saw it :)

 

Blogger Citizen_Stu said ... (October 31, 2006 9:09 AM) : 

I thought of Queens Day in Holland when I saw it... then Halloween :p

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 31, 2006 11:34 AM) : 

I am proud to say smoke free workplace movement started here in Calif.. Even though the business people were screaming before its implementation, no smoking rule in restaurant and bars have not hurted their businesses.

Is Fairwood the name of the restaurant pictured?

 

Blogger Meg said ... (October 31, 2006 2:15 PM) : 

Yay for smoke-free! I'm all for it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 31, 2006 2:43 PM) : 

ca y est, ce matin je vois ta photo. Il fait tres serieux comme fast-food, a evry (il y en a deux) c'est toujours plein d'enfants ou d'adolescent.
sinon en france, interdiction de fumer dans les lieux publics le 1er fevrier 2007 et je dis Ouf.

it is good, this morning I see your photograph. The weather is very serious like fast-food, has evry (there are two of them) it is always full children or with teenager.
In France, prohibition to smoke in the public places on February 1, 2007 and I say Ouf.

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (October 31, 2006 6:22 PM) : 

geez Michelle you got it...truly it's Halloween color, ;p

Mike c, it's a combination of western and chinese food, mainly FAST food :-)

Anonymous, yes, it is Fairfood

Keropok...only soso...

I think I'll post a photo on these people standing outdoor (not necessarily huddling in HK's case :-) after Jan 1...that would be interesting!

Thanks for the footprints!

 

Blogger Kala said ... (November 04, 2006 5:35 PM) : 

thank goodness for smoke free - I cannot stand smoke =P

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 05, 2006 7:45 PM) : 

Plywood chairs in a beautiful setting! Almost looks like it could be a designer or arch. office. The chairs look like Jacobsen's 5 plywood board and lam. design. Very nice photo

 

post a comment