Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Silly imitation

650Laundry outside an older building in Sheung Wan, looks like there's a fan of checker shirts in this household ;p

This photo is my silly imitation of Bob's artistry, which is not even close to his amazing light and colors; but I'm posting it to say goodbye to Barcelona Daily Photo. I've been trying to learn from BDP especially by reconsidering angles when I take a photo. If you haven't been to that wonderful blog, congratulations, you have a whole treasure chest of surprises and wonderful photos all at one time. All the best to you, Bob :-)

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Silly imitation"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 04, 2006 7:41 PM) : 

great photo Lisi.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 04, 2006 7:42 PM) : 

:)
nice photo~~
thx for your comments left on shanghaidailyphoto. I think I am happy to keep learning from your "siily imitation"...wonderful imitation~~
:)
...Jing

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 04, 2006 10:43 PM) : 

Tres belle photo, et belle collection automne-hivers de layette

 

Blogger Rodney said ... (October 05, 2006 12:31 AM) : 

Nice colorful shot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 05, 2006 5:36 AM) : 

You did well Lisi !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 05, 2006 5:44 AM) : 

Lisi, I'd never mistake this for a Bob photo - I'd know it immediately as a Lisi photo - which is wonderful! I too try to learn from Bob as he's a master of light and shadow - I'll miss him! But don't sell yourself short - you're a fine photographer too!

 

Blogger Citizen_Stu said ... (October 05, 2006 5:57 AM) : 

.. or someone wearing clothes that are far too small for them

 

Blogger Ame said ... (October 05, 2006 1:53 PM) : 

Hey Lisi! And awwwwwwwwwwwwwww, Bob's leaving? Didn't know that...have to pop on over there...

Anyway, great tribute shot...you captured the lights & darks (pun intended!) so well!

Great shot! (=.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 05, 2006 2:27 PM) : 

ohh finally I can see now your site again Lisi. Somehow from my home PC i couldnt open the hongkongdailyphoto and it was sort of frustrating. But now I tried from the University and I can see again your beautiful photos. I am more calm:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 05, 2006 4:08 PM) : 

Very nice shot Lisi!

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (October 05, 2006 11:08 PM) : 

zsolt72, strange thing happens all the time with Blogger...

thank you everyone for the footprints and please DON'T, don't make me do this kind of goodbye post...you know what I mean ;p

 

Blogger Carraol said ... (October 06, 2006 7:55 AM) : 

What a colorful picture ! Great shot. We are like hunters of moments.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (October 10, 2006 11:21 PM) : 

well done!!

 

Blogger Meg said ... (October 15, 2006 5:34 AM) : 

Dare I say the light and shadow are reminiscent of B pics?

 

post a comment