Monday, October 16, 2006

Right here waiting

(Last one from Cat Street)
Amongst stacks and piles of second hand toys and collectibles (or junks?) outside this Cat Street shop are our old friends, Mickey and Minnie, waiting optimistically for someone to take them home. While I took this photo I imagined how funny it would be if I could get a photo of Mickey and Minnie standing guard for the Mao Zedong figurines (see earlier post), I couldn't help but chuckled to myself ;-). Have a good week everyone!

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Right here waiting"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 16, 2006 10:15 PM) : 

:D
so cute!and after read your comments, i agree with you!!
that would be very funny view to see!

happy day there...
i love Mickey and Minnie. btw,my lovely niece like Minnie most~~:D

...Jing

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 16, 2006 11:01 PM) : 

I see snoopy in that other container! Back to mickey and minnie, I remember for my Junior savings account with stan. chart., we were given piggy banks of mickey ..it was a unique design those days :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 16, 2006 11:08 PM) : 

I like the spot of soft color in the black-and-white - very nice! Funny (appropriate) to see M&M treated like trash, and like art, at the same time!

 

Blogger Alex said ... (October 17, 2006 1:44 AM) : 

and I also see christmas decoration in the other boxes on the left side, is that correct...
And by the way for how much were they selling Mikey and Minnie?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 17, 2006 2:53 AM) : 

Never seen a Mickey in blue overalls before. Did they make Mickey at the same place as the "antiques" they sell at Cat Street? :)

 

Blogger Wilf James said ... (October 17, 2006 4:46 AM) : 

And 'in season' 'Sunkist Oranges' - lots in this photograph too to keep the eye occupied!

 

Blogger Felicia said ... (October 17, 2006 8:17 AM) : 

I had a slow page load too and at first I thought they were moving boxes. I was much happier to see M&M rather than having the thought of moving!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 17, 2006 10:11 AM) : 

Minnie & Mickey another my daughter favorite...

 

Blogger Ryan said ... (October 17, 2006 1:05 PM) : 

Nice use of color here.

 

Blogger Meg said ... (October 17, 2006 2:04 PM) : 

I cannot get out of my head the idea that a small army of Snoopys is trying to get out of the suffocating plastic box! Hurrey, save the Snoopys!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 17, 2006 3:16 PM) : 

Superbe montage. les couleurs sont tres belles, cela done une impression de vieilles photos.
J'espere que quelqu'un aura adopté minnie et mickey ;o)

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (October 17, 2006 6:07 PM) : 

well well...I must say you are very observant...

Kris, good eye seeing the snoopys, there's also a photo of a 60s movie star in the middle background

Alex, decorations yes but not sure if they are for X'mas though

Anonymous...I think I have seen Mickey's other wardrobe including this one

again, I was very focused on taking the photo and didn't notice the price.

also check out this funny photo sent by a visitor...hilarious...!
Mickey and Minnie Mao by Mike

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 17, 2006 8:36 PM) : 

Bravo a Mike, super montage.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 17, 2006 10:54 PM) : 

Great narrative, Lisi.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 17, 2006 11:53 PM) : 

thanks for posting my photo mod Lisi!

 

Blogger Kala said ... (October 19, 2006 11:18 PM) : 

its a cute mix of western and asian figurines - intersting colors on this!

 

post a comment