Thursday, October 19, 2006

Resignation

I have always loved this passage which was widely circulated through emails a few years ago:

**RESIGNATION**
I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult. I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8 year-old again.

I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant. I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make a sidewalk with rocks. I want to think M&Ms are better than money because you can eat them. I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer's day.

I want to return to a time when life was simple; When all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care. All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset.

I want to think the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good. I want to believe that anything is possible. I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again.

I want to live simple again. I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes,mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones. I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow.

So . . . here's my checkbook and my car-keys, my credit card bills and my RRSP statements. I am officially resigning from adulthood. And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first, cause........ ......"Tag! You're it."

Remember the Simple things in Life.

Link: a collage of our little charmer dancing with bubbles

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Resignation"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 19, 2006 5:37 PM) : 

Ah! Only if we can dream! I like the way you balance the wide empty left with the narrow populated right. The boy in red is a real charmer! Enjoy these photos very much.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 19, 2006 7:11 PM) : 

why life cant starts when its time to die, then you get to retire, then you get to work while getting to see your children get married...then you get to work hard for your new born...(u know...reverse manner?)isnt this way better? *dreaming* LOL

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 19, 2006 8:12 PM) : 

la vie peut-etre simple comme une bulle de savon. beau texte et la photo va tres bien avec.


perhaps simple life like a soap bubble. beautiful text and the photograph goes very well with.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 19, 2006 9:22 PM) : 

in the begining of adulthood, we set our goals to reach certain status by certain age. When we do achieve what we set out, we're still not satisfied, and we wanted something better..it is never enough..

i've given up my career, c cards, car etc etc..yes, it does feel lighter and life is much simpler.

Do whatever that makes you happy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 19, 2006 10:15 PM) : 

i join to you Lisi..I wanna resign too. But I dont want anyone to controll me. Is it possible being a child again like this?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 19, 2006 11:20 PM) : 

Such a nice little 'note'. Thanks for sharing and remind us that happiness is all around us, if only we see the little things. I would like to re-post this on my blog, let me know if you'd rather not.

 

Blogger Meg said ... (October 20, 2006 3:33 AM) : 

The things is.... Lisi, although I agree with you, I'm so old and tainted that I couldn't even think of half the things you listed, and I can't get an immediate feel of childhood, AND I was a very anxious child so I don't necessary like what I remember of it, AND multiplication table I suffered from it so much - I think I was one of the last in my class to get through it.... So for now I'll just sit back and enjoy your photos of the cute little boy, and remember what my little brother was like when he was a kid. (Although, I must say, the picture took a nanosecond longer to load this morning, and all the while I thought you were going to resign from DP!!! Phew.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 20, 2006 6:54 AM) : 

Your pictures are gorgeus...I love them! Congratulations!!! Ita

 

Blogger Denton said ... (October 20, 2006 8:50 AM) : 

Your photos of children are precious ... I don't really remember being this young so I'm not sure I would really like some one else making all decisions for me ... The age I remember most was my teenage years and I know I don't want to re-live them.

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (October 20, 2006 11:02 AM) : 

It is really interesting that I've never thought of what Meg, Denton and Lavender Lady said here...reliving the process of growing up from 8 years old is unimaginable mixed with sweetness and bitterness. But I guess the things that touch me most is that it is a reminder for me to stay young at heart, to enjoy "didn't know what you didn't know and didn't care" and get "excited by the little things again" (not sweating the small things!); and most of all, to live a simple life and give up adulthood (at least once in a while) in spirit. What do you think?

 

Blogger Felicia said ... (October 20, 2006 2:22 PM) : 

I think this is a great reminder to stay young. I have two constant reminders of this message - my 1 yr old daughter and 3 yr old son. I look at them and think several things: isn't it great to be a kid; and they have so much to learn and those lessons are going to be tough and may break my/their heart; and I sure wouldn't want to do many of those things over again! But luckily we can always remember to enjoy life and what we have now.

 

Blogger Sadia said ... (October 21, 2006 5:26 PM) : 

Such an adorable photo! It sounds like you had a wonderful childhood. If only everyone could have that kind of time to look back on.

 

Blogger Kala said ... (October 22, 2006 5:09 AM) : 

I will make the ultimate sacrifice and allow you to give me your car, checkbook, but not your bills =)

 

post a comment