Sunday, October 22, 2006

Orchid

Browsing the florist shop I took this photo and slightly adjusted the color. Some visitors have asked whether I'm using a digital SLR, well, it's actually a Panasonic FZ10 digital camera, 3 year old, 4 megapixel, but it's good enough for me. Apart from that and a little about aperture and exposure, I'm ignorant about all photography technicalities, ask me more about the lense specifications or anything involving math my head will ache. :-)
Have a good sunday everyone!

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Orchid"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 22, 2006 7:08 PM) : 

like this picture! lovely orchid

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 22, 2006 8:41 PM) : 

is it orchid? dont seems so~
anyway, i wanted to buy a canon DC, any recommend here friends? actually aimed A710IS but my mum complain its too small...hmm~

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 22, 2006 10:40 PM) : 

The muted color of the flower somehow adds to its form and preciousness. The close-up is clear and porcelain like; very nice!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 22, 2006 11:20 PM) : 

Superbe photo, toute en douceur.
j'ais un panasonic DMC-FZ7, mais je pense le changer avec le prochain PENTAX K10D (surement en decembre).


Superb photograph, all carefully. I board a panasonic DMC-FZ7, but I think of changing it with next PENTAX K10D (surely in December).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 23, 2006 12:12 AM) : 

:)
beautiful flowers, lisi~
and i do agree with you, the lense speciafications or math... then,i got mad !!
:D

...Jing

 

Blogger Curly said ... (October 23, 2006 2:27 AM) : 

Lisi,

most good pictures (like yours) are taken in the mind, the camera is just incidental.

I don't know what type of plant this is, but I know that I like the image!

Curly's Photoshop

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 23, 2006 1:06 PM) : 

the shapes of the plant remind me of the insect from the Kitakimi daily photo :)

 

Blogger Citizen_Stu said ... (October 23, 2006 5:21 PM) : 

It's a triffid! Run! :p

 

Blogger Ineke said ... (October 23, 2006 6:14 PM) : 

Very pretty. Must be so nice to have wild orchids outside of a shop!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 23, 2006 6:23 PM) : 

You controlled the dof well in this lovely photo, Lisi!

You and Olivier is panasonic users..finally! Give me five!
FZ7 tends to be too sensitive with noise *sigh*

Btw, i onced read there's a maths calculation to perfect dof! you're right, I quicky erase from my mind to avoid headache ..lol!!

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (October 23, 2006 6:33 PM) : 

min, Olivier and Kris, another technical photographic term I know is "noise" because Panasonic is notorious for serious noise problem...I wouldnt get Panasonic if I am to upgrade ;p

Mike and Stu, insect and triffid, I can tell orchid is not likely a favorite :-)

Michelle, w, Jing, Curly and Dutchie, I'm glad you like this though it is not very specific to the city :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 23, 2006 10:11 PM) : 

no no no, still very beautiful... but very interesting looking :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 24, 2006 3:37 AM) : 

No knowledge and still able to take such pretty photos? Thumbs up to you, Lisi!

 

Blogger Kala said ... (October 26, 2006 5:29 PM) : 

for a 4 megapixel camera, your images look amazing - I would have thought you had a 8 megapixel camera - such great images.

 

post a comment