Sunday, October 29, 2006

Man Mo Temple

Beauty and the beast? Dream and reality? Old world meeting the new? This is part of the roof decoration of the Man Mo Temple and of course the temple is not for lease. If I have not mistaken, this beauty is holding a flute sitting on a phoenix, totally at ease next to fishdraganaconda (ok, I made up that name). The Chinese characters say: Guangxu 19th year, referring to the rule of Emperor Guangxu, ie, the second last Emperor! That would make the year 1894! Click here to see the whole temple and the roof to figure out where our beauty sits.
Link: a quicktime 360 degree movie of the surrounding area of Man Mo Temple, Emperor Guangxu on Wiki

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Man Mo Temple"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 29, 2006 2:19 PM) : 

nice contrast of old and new. at least the billboard matches the statues :)

that 360 view is amazing! it actually is 360 degrees! Those are some tall buildings. It's great to see the variety of building styles in hong kong. I always seem to picture ones like the Yue Po Chai Antiques building when I think of hong kong apartments.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 29, 2006 2:24 PM) : 

Superbe cette decoration de temple. Vraiment l'art asiatique est magnifique


Superb this decoration of temple. Really Asian art is splendid

 

Blogger Felicia said ... (October 29, 2006 2:32 PM) : 

Wow, the detail is incredible! I like the old and new contrast too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 29, 2006 10:58 PM) : 

The fishdraganaconda at our local zoo is very sweet. Great photo. Lisi and Tommy 360 are the best!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 30, 2006 12:53 AM) : 

hey did you ask tung wah for some adv fee : ? ok just kidding ;)

 

Blogger Annie said ... (October 30, 2006 7:08 AM) : 

Thank you for that close up view - and the link for the whole thing too. It is a wonderful sight to see.

 

Blogger Ame said ... (October 30, 2006 11:15 AM) : 

Cool Lisi...love the blues & greens! Very ornate! Just like HK right? I always think "ornate" when I think of HK for some reason! Just humor me, LOL! ;-)

 

Blogger edwin s said ... (October 30, 2006 1:00 PM) : 

Ok, now I just want to visit all the old temples in KL. You've inspired me.

Hey, write me your address. I'll be posting you a postcard soon.

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (October 30, 2006 6:11 PM) : 

Hi all, this is a shot showing the power of 12x zoom and my ability to hold my breath and click without shaking, lol.

Thanks for the footprints! :-)

 

post a comment