Friday, October 27, 2006

Love Live

If I succeeded in yesterday's photo then I have to show you a failure today :-). My mental composition was to capture a man and a woman, hopefully a couple passing in front of this advertisement because it says "Love.Live". Well, first I couldn't get the exposure right to show the words, then that couple never came along, then there was too much traffic, then I couldn't position myself where I wouldn't be reflected...
Anywaz, it's Friday afternoon here, let's go out and have fun...or take some photos :-)

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Love Live"

 

Blogger Oleanderman said ... (October 27, 2006 6:05 PM) : 

I still think it works - an interesting capture, slice of life.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 27, 2006 7:10 PM) : 

Yes, the car contributes with colour and dynamic. If it was me, I'd cut the people altogether. Love the photo anyway.

Best wishes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 27, 2006 8:07 PM) : 

Some negatives yes, but the positive qualities are so overwhelming, the p's make the n's oblivious. Great picture still! Wish you a good weekend.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 27, 2006 8:52 PM) : 

i think it is still good! maybe include the first lady ..
one question though if you'd had enough time, which exposure would u use? i'm interested to learn

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 27, 2006 8:56 PM) : 

I don't know. It seems to have a nice contrast of the idealistic advertisement with its leisurely stayed models while real life (in the form of the car and women) blurs past it. The absence of the any couple and the replacement with the scurrying disinterested pedestrians makes the advertisement contrast all the more glaring. Thanks for you comment, btw,

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 27, 2006 10:33 PM) : 

ahem~ cant comment much as i'm only a 'play play" kind of photographer....LOL

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 28, 2006 2:17 AM) : 

ca arrive des fois, on reve de la photo parfaite,mais ca ne se passe pas comme on veut.
je la trouve belle ta photo (si il n'y avait pas cette voiture ;o(( )


that arrives of the times, one dreams of the perfect photograph, but that does not occur as one wants. I find it beautiful your photograph (if there were not this car ;o(( )

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (October 28, 2006 3:21 PM) : 

Thank you for your suggestions and still liking this?? :-) Hey, have you noticed you can actually see me in there???????? NO?...

Kris, I would have stayed there and tested first with spot mode metering, I believe if I can see the words clearly with my eyes the camera would see it too, provided it is in the right settings.

Thanks everybody for the footprints...Have a great weekend, I will be working on another assignment and I get this new private chatbox so give it a try...I may be online if I have not fallen asleep on my books :-)

cheers

 

post a comment