Monday, October 23, 2006

Crumbling

No, this building is not exactly going to collapse but it really does look quite fragile even with those supporting beams. I wandered in the Mid-Levels and found this building right next to an old mosque. What really attracted me are the three doorways, particularly the one with curtain, it looks quite mysterious and yet attractive. Nobody was around and I suspected myself to be trespassing so didn't get to find out much, but they don't look like Chinese households to me. To see the whole building click here.

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Crumbling"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 23, 2006 7:28 PM) : 

did I see it well that behind this old building are large modern houses?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 23, 2006 8:28 PM) : 

Looking at this building is really depressing; but your wonderful smile saves the day. :-)

 

Blogger Sally said ... (October 23, 2006 9:07 PM) : 

That's a great photo, lisi. Thanks for the kind wishes on my site too!

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (October 23, 2006 9:26 PM) : 

yes zsolt72, they are much newer, expensive and modern buildings...this crumbling one is actually occupying a prime location, but I hope it would be considered as a heritage building and be preserved...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 23, 2006 10:04 PM) : 

Same wish as yours, Lisi, that the government would keep that nice building !! Reeeally nice building for me! specially there aren't many left in Hk...
Those doors are opened !! I would try to go inside have a look if i were there... curious to see how it is inside, what kind of people living there...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 23, 2006 10:53 PM) : 

From all the cables in the front of the building, maybe it is a serever farm hosting all the DP blogs...

Notice you have a new avatar, did you get a new camera?

 

Blogger edwin s said ... (October 23, 2006 11:16 PM) : 

hey leosista! how are you? I haven't been around here for what seems like ages!

I love this shot. I imagine Maggie Cheung Man Yuk in a cheongsam ala In The Mood For Love standing by one of the doors as she waits for Tony Leung Chiu Wai.

Yesterday's orchid shot is simply divine!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 23, 2006 11:35 PM) : 

:)
like edwin s's comments...
so old surroundings...so old atmosphere...:))
hopr that cheongsam is as beautiful as i saw in my dreams...
...Jing

 

Blogger tr3nta said ... (October 24, 2006 12:30 AM) : 

very nice photos... like your blog... stop by and tell me what u think... bye

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 24, 2006 12:36 AM) : 

Tres belle photo, ces maisons sont superbes, j'aime bien ce style de vieille maison. il n 'y a pas de porte ?
Petite question elle est comment la mosquée a coté ?


Very beautiful photograph, these houses are superb, I like this house life style. there is no door? Small question it is how the mosque dimensioned?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 24, 2006 5:47 AM) : 

Except for the arch doorways, this building looks very Chinese to me... I am not sure, but it indeed reminds me of the apartment building I lived in (which is in Guangzhou) when I was a kid, especially the "see through" railing on the second floor. Maybe the building a fusion combining both Chinese and western styles!

 

Blogger Alex said ... (October 24, 2006 11:21 AM) : 

Very interesting building, especially the very small adding room on the roof which doesn't fit at all with the architecture.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 24, 2006 3:29 PM) : 

Love the photo, Lisi!
Are these structure listed under the world heritage?

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (October 24, 2006 7:50 PM) : 

Anonymous and Anonymous :-), thank you and actually it is an old profile photo and no new camera, yet!

EdLeoBro, welcome back, I thought you were lost in the backstage.

Kris, no, I don't think this one is up to the world standard, but a local heritage definitely.

Olivier, it is not big...maybe I'll post a photo of the mosque later...

Thank you for dropping by :-)

 

Blogger Meg said ... (October 26, 2006 2:54 AM) : 

Just looking at this building, I would have never imagined there would be tall buildings just behind it. Love the doorways, like you said!

 

Blogger Kala said ... (October 26, 2006 5:28 PM) : 

how can you tell whether its a chinese households or not? Is there alot of none chinese living in this area?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 27, 2006 8:51 PM) : 

very nice. you should submit it to the "doorways of the world" blog

 

Blogger JOAN GONZÁLEZ_MIRATGES said ... (November 06, 2006 2:32 AM) : 

saludos desde Barcelona.

joan

 

post a comment