Monday, October 02, 2006

Beauty and the beast

450"Handsome and the beast" can be an alternative title :p
Another photo at the Peak (remember? I took 200 photos there :p) at an old pavilion decorated with sculptures of this legendary beast which is either Qilin or Pixiu. Whichever it is, it does something good with the FengShui and brings luck to visitors. To me, Qilin and Pixiu don't have a consistent appearance so I can never tell which is which. Maybe some of my learned visitors can tell us?
Here are the links to the wiki pages if you are interested to find out: Qilin, Pixiu.

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Beauty and the beast"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 02, 2006 7:35 PM) : 

Je trouve la sculpture tres belle. J'avoue avoir un faible pour les arts asiatiques

 

Blogger Ineke said ... (October 02, 2006 9:01 PM) : 

I take it you are referring to the guy in the back?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 02, 2006 9:43 PM) : 

:P
nice shot!
handsome and the beast...it seems the time is really changed!!
and I guess it is the Pixiu....not sure, i cant enlarge the photo.
:)
...Jing

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 03, 2006 4:39 PM) : 

Qilin and Pixiu ...i refer them as "Lion" hahahahha..way out!

 

Blogger Ame said ... (October 03, 2006 5:41 PM) : 

Hi Lisi! Dutchie, too funny! ;-) And this little guy looks so forlorn...awwwwwwww...maybe he just needs his Mama! Looks a little like Yoda! LOL!

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (October 03, 2006 5:48 PM) : 

LOL, yes Dutchie, you are the winner this time...actually that guy probably thought I was taking his photo and stared at me for a long time...narcissistic?

And Kris and Ame, true why bother, it is a lion or even cooler...YODA!

You made me laugh and thank you!

 

Blogger midnitebara said ... (October 04, 2006 8:04 AM) : 

hahahah, I love that title!

 

post a comment