Tuesday, September 12, 2006

White dove

450The symbol of peace (minus olive branch) gazing out at the sea -- I took this photo at a beach a couple of weeks ago.
I went to Catholic school up until I finished secondary school so we prayed at school everyday. When I was small we prayed for world peace especially during Christmas and New Year. I thought then peace was something easily achieveable like getting good grade if we studied hard enough (yes, I was really small). I even thought when peace would be achieved next year we would move on to pray for something new. I sounded angry yesterday but well, we should never give up hoping, maybe we are approaching peace everyday though by nano millimetres.

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "White dove"

 

Blogger Denton said ... (September 12, 2006 8:52 PM) : 

This is truly a beautiful post. Both the photo and the explanation.

 

Blogger Ame said ... (September 12, 2006 9:07 PM) : 

Very nice Lisi...and really thoughtful post from yesterday...thanks! (=

 

Blogger Bob said ... (September 13, 2006 5:50 AM) : 

Nice shot
Seeing as there’s little I can do about Geroge Bush or Bin Laden maybe it’s an individual matter of first not harming anyone else and then, if that’s possible, trying to spread a bit of blue sky

 

Blogger Felicia said ... (September 13, 2006 6:53 AM) : 

You are right Lisi. Sometimes it does seem like peace comes in nano millimeters forward and also millions of kilometers in the other direction too. Your post yesterday and today remind us not to be indifferent either way.

 

Blogger edwin s said ... (September 13, 2006 2:12 PM) : 

2 wonderful posts Lisi. Never give up the hope that one day it'll be alright. It may never happen in our lifetime. But we must remember that future generations inherit what we have taught them. So, I guess you're right. Your nanomillimetres and my nanomillimetres, and millions more, will add up. Then one day, the moment will come.

Oh dear dear, I've become a tad bit melancholic.

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (September 14, 2006 12:20 AM) : 

Thanks to all of you fellow peace lovers...

Hey Edwin, don't be blue ok?

:-)

 

post a comment