Tuesday, September 19, 2006

This never happened before

450 Flash animations
Today's post is really about a song (press play if you're not at work or click this link but it may auto play on some computers, so check the volume;p). The first time I heard this, I thought it was the music but it's actually the voice and the non-fancy style of the singer that makes it special; it is very much like a friend singing in a house party or school hall party. I later found out who the singer is, he's famous...do you recognise the voice? Btw, is this song an oldie?
OH...the photo...it was taken at Tsimshatsui by the Hong Kong Cultural Centre :-).

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "This never happened before"

 

Blogger Ame said ... (September 19, 2006 3:16 PM) : 

WOW Lisi! FanTAStic shot! Love the colorization...and that HAS to be Paul McCartney...right? Great way to start the day! (=

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 19, 2006 3:32 PM) : 

cant hear the mp3. not working. Anyway, sweet catch!

 

Blogger Chantal said ... (September 19, 2006 7:20 PM) : 

nice combi of B&W and color.

 

Blogger Kate said ... (September 19, 2006 8:11 PM) : 

I, too, could not hear the music. Perhaps it's just me. I love the spot of blue on the girl's dress. A lovely tender moment--great catch. The angle of the building enclosing the couple makes the whole scene more dramatic.

 

Blogger Carlos Lorenzo said ... (September 19, 2006 10:41 PM) : 

Nice choice, selective color on couple and bw for all the rest. It helps emphasizing the lovers against passerbies.

 

Blogger Chris said ... (September 20, 2006 3:56 AM) : 

A very touching hot, Lisi. Bravo !

 

Blogger Irredento Urbanita said ... (September 20, 2006 4:57 AM) : 

Yeah, a perfect song for a romantic photo!!!

Greetings from Perú

 

Blogger Bob said ... (September 20, 2006 5:43 AM) : 

Lovely shot though. Can't hear the song (Windows 2000BC version). Was it "When I'm 64" by any chance?

 

Blogger Felicia said ... (September 20, 2006 7:54 AM) : 

The song & photo are a nice match. I don't know the song but I did recognize the voice - I think Ame's right, and wow, Bob is so close without evening hearing the song!

 

Blogger tinyhands said ... (September 20, 2006 11:19 AM) : 

For those interested, the song is on Paul's album "Chaos and Creation in the Backyard" as well as "The Lakehouse" soundtrack.

This is the way it should be for lovers...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 20, 2006 11:40 AM) : 

Nice song. Haven't heard it before. Fits the photo perfectly.

 

Blogger ~tanty~ said ... (September 20, 2006 1:51 PM) : 

Lisi my dear, I really like the song. Perfect for the photo. This sounds silly but how to attach the song like that?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 20, 2006 2:39 PM) : 

hey,i can comment as usual now..no need to select "other" Yay!

Finally I could hear the song. yes,its Paul McC. Am loving it and have saved it in my music folder to melt listening to it :)

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (September 20, 2006 3:39 PM) : 

I'm glad that some of you like this song...that is, if you can load it. I've no idea why it didn't work for some, anywaz, for Tanty, Kala of Honolulu DP gave me this link http://www.mix-fx.com/tutorials/sound-embed-tag.htm
and I copied and pasted the code into the html page of the post.

Ame and Felicia, you can tell? Of course, I've heard Paul McC before but I just didn't recognise his voice the first time.

Bob, good idea, I should post one for "When I'm 64", probably before I'm 64...

It is "This never happened before" by PM and I first heard it in the movie, and thanks to tinyhands for the extra info.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 20, 2006 4:29 PM) : 

I love the photo all by itself!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 20, 2006 4:33 PM) : 

Hi Lisi,
Love the picture and the song. Never heard that P.Mc. song before. It really helps define the mood of the photo. It could be a sad goodbye but it makes it uplifting.

I like the soundtrack to the photo idea. Of course I love the photos on their own but you should try that more often.

Maybe you could become a music director for movies :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 20, 2006 6:00 PM) : 

i've never heard the song before but like the photo a lot especially a touch of the blue dress, nice.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (September 24, 2006 7:28 AM) : 

Good use of photoshop.

 

post a comment