Thursday, September 21, 2006

Shopping and eating

650Min described HK as a place for "mai dong xi chi dong xi" which is "shopping and eating" in Mandarin (see footprints of "Chinatown" post). It is quite true as you can see in this photo taken in Causeway Bay when a few tourists were heading to the "Food Forum" after a shopping spree. The Food Forum is a 4-storey space above a shopping mall with 20 fancy eateries, the red squares in the photo are actually a directory of those restaurants. Bon apetite!

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Shopping and eating"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 21, 2006 3:56 PM) : 

as a follow up, next u should bring us to the "food forum" to drool!

that sign is sleek!

 

Blogger Citizen_Stu said ... (September 21, 2006 4:24 PM) : 

I wonder what the person just behind the sign to the right is doing with that bush

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 21, 2006 6:40 PM) : 

wow...quite a shock to see my name being mentioned...LOL~
been to hkg last yr...didnt really explore much other than "mai dong xi, chi dong xi"...
the food portion is real lot compare to singapore...always cant finish the food...next time gotta share...=)

 

Blogger Matt said ... (September 21, 2006 6:54 PM) : 

I had nearly lost all my pride being a Hongkonger just before 2005. But my drive to survive is getting intense these days. This picture wakes me up by the way.

We really should thank God who gives us such a comprehensive choice of food, foods around the world. The chinese name for "food forum" means that restaurants are piling up one the another so that when we come on in and eat all the way through, we can go high up in the sky. Good name and good food. Hongkongers like to eat because we understand that we are what we eat.

 

Blogger Chantal said ... (September 21, 2006 9:09 PM) : 

the picture is a bit too crowded for me....

 

Blogger Curly said ... (September 22, 2006 4:56 AM) : 

This a very "busy" picture Lisi. I guess that's what life is like in HK.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 22, 2006 5:00 AM) : 

I think I understand the eating part but not sure about the shopping part. Are there any bargains left in Hong Kong if one is from the US?

 

Blogger Bob said ... (September 22, 2006 5:49 AM) : 

I wonder what she's pointing at. I think I'd give the shopping a miss and go straight for the food

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 22, 2006 8:56 AM) : 

I must visit HK one of these days. Today my colleague is flying back to HK. We hope he will bring back some 'lo po peng' when he comes back :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 22, 2006 9:44 AM) : 

Every time I go back to HK I pass by this spot. But all those restaurants makes choosing one really difficult.
I often tell people that "shopping and eating" is the reason I love going to HK. But I think the real reason is because of the wonderful memories of living there for more than ten years.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 22, 2006 12:41 PM) : 

it's a frenzy of eating and shopping! What more do you want?!

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (September 22, 2006 2:41 PM) : 

Kris, sure if I can overcome my fear of the crowds there...it is unbelievable and people have to line up for the elevators too...
Invader Stu, I don't know, picking some flowers maybe
Matt, things do turn for the better from last year...
Chantal and Curly, that's quite right, it would take a bit of getting used to if you ever come here.
Anonymous, bargains? of course, but it also depends on what you'll be shopping for.
keropok man, I can send you lo po peng if you send me Hainan chicken rice ;-)
anonoymous (2), welcome back cyberlly

Thanks everyone for the footprints!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (September 24, 2006 7:26 AM) : 

Who's for a game of bingo?

 

post a comment