Saturday, September 30, 2006

Lantern lady

One of the people living in the sparkling city (see yesterday's photo) -- this lady works in a lantern shop and kindly agreed to let me take this photo while she assembled a "starfruit" lantern. We chatted for a while and she was sooooooo nice, just before I left I found out her last name is also "Tang", which is same as mine. :-)
Link: another shot of some assembled starfruit lanterns

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Lantern lady"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 01, 2006 12:18 AM) : 

Belle photo, maintenant on connait le secret de la fabrication des lanternes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 01, 2006 2:37 AM) : 

Simple yet artistic, useful and colorful...love those lanterns. Btw, what coincidence...someone gave me a giant sweet and tasty starfruit for my birthday the other day. I haven't seen or eaten one in years!

 

Blogger Felicia said ... (October 01, 2006 5:00 AM) : 

No wonder she is so nice!

 

Blogger Citizen_Stu said ... (October 01, 2006 8:21 AM) : 

I always wondered how the people you take photos of felt

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (October 01, 2006 10:57 PM) : 

haha, Olivier, I know all the French words in your message, yay...so I haven't really forgotten a lot of my limited French :-)

W, late happy birthday, I'm not a big fan of the fruit but certainly like starfruit lanterns, especially those made with cellophane paper

thanks, Felicia

Stu, I chatted with her so she should be quite relaxed ;-)

 

post a comment