Friday, September 08, 2006

Holy cow! They're here!

650Here they are, the colorful cows in the very heart of the business centre and seem to be neglected by people. I'm sure kids will love to see them but they don't have a lot to deal with in the business district, right? I wonder who picked the venue...anywaz, this is the Cow Parade, a charity art exhibition touring a number of cities, and this collection showing in HK originates from Prague.
Links: more cows in HK, Cow Parade website, Cow Parade photos in Paris, Buenos Aires, Manila, Edinburgh (DP bloggers, if you have a Cow Parade post, please let me know, I'll add your link. Thanks.)

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Holy cow! They're here!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 08, 2006 9:31 PM) : 

No Cow Parades in Singapore yet. But we have similar cows, icons of the restaurant called Marche.

 

Blogger Annie said ... (September 08, 2006 11:39 PM) : 

I love these cows. When I was attending school in Chicago about 10 years ago they were all over the place, in parks, peering out of windows, up high on the sides of buildings. They added such spirit to the already spirited town of Chicago - and I hope they do the same in Hong Kong.

 

Blogger Irredento Urbanita said ... (September 09, 2006 12:52 AM) : 

Here we don't have those parades lamentably. Here, some clubs organize parades about spring, my city is called the capital of spring, strange title isn't it?
You Lisi and your wonderful pics, I love them!!

Greetings from Perú

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 09, 2006 7:11 AM) : 

Thanks Lisi for dropping in a link to BA blog. It was funny to look back at my first photo blog ;) Nonetheless, I like the yello cow a lot, more flashy than the green one in the background. Nice shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 09, 2006 11:54 AM) : 

I love how the fire red and yellow one seems to be chasing that guy across the walkway!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 09, 2006 1:37 PM) : 

These are such fun! We had pigs all over a few years ago...but no cows :(

 

Blogger Sally said ... (September 09, 2006 9:13 PM) : 

I think we had them in sydney, but a long timebefore I was doing photoblogs.

They're so much fun - loved seeing them all over Paris.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 10, 2006 1:05 AM) : 

We had something similar where I live but instead of cows we had polar bears. They were a little cheezy for my tastes but lots of families enjoyed them.

 

Blogger DXBluey said ... (September 10, 2006 3:58 AM) : 

Hey Lisi,

Cool cows. We have had camels, horses and this year will be falcons...

We should instigated a blogger version...

 

Blogger Curly said ... (September 10, 2006 8:28 AM) : 

You sure have some interesting and strange pictures here Lisi.

Curly's Photoshop

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (September 10, 2006 12:37 PM) : 

HI, thanks for the footprints. I was quite surprised to find the Cow Parade here and without much publicity, but I think it's good that HK is part of this art charity event. The yellow cow does look very flashy, especially under bright sunshine when I shot this photo.

 

Blogger JaamZIN said ... (September 11, 2006 4:45 AM) : 

we have cow parade in Budapest too. I have a photo tomorrow I will post it:)

 

Blogger Kala said ... (September 18, 2006 1:51 PM) : 

its strange that theres so many color ows around the world - I have not seen any here ! Italy and greece seems to have a lot of these

 

post a comment