Friday, September 29, 2006

Enter the king of cliche

650I had pondered which photo to post since last night. Personally, I like the colors and light of the other one taken at 6:30 pm(<--link), but I finally decided this one (taken at 7 pm) is more appropriate as the king of cliche HK photo. Sorry about the glare, I can get rid of it but have decided to leave it there. Now I've got rid of the feeling that I "owe" you a photo from the Peak...yay...LOL. Btw, do tell me which one do you like :-)

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Enter the king of cliche"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 29, 2006 7:55 PM) : 

hehe, i'm the first one today... I prefer the one you've chosen... the glare doesn't bother me at all...

Have a good day!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 29, 2006 8:37 PM) : 

superbe vue de la skyline de Hong Kong.
La photo et les lumieres sont superbes

 

Blogger Bill said ... (September 29, 2006 11:13 PM) : 

Very nice perspective.

 

Blogger Dawn said ... (September 30, 2006 1:14 AM) : 

Both are beautiful , but I prefer the 7pm one. Thank's for all your trouble to bring us this beautiful shot!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 30, 2006 1:33 AM) : 

the one you've chosen is more authentic... that's more how this view 'fees' like. I'm in HK also for the next monthscan I enjoy your blog very much. regards, Tom

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 30, 2006 1:50 AM) : 

Ignoring the "cliche-ness", I like the 6:30 PM version better. don't often see an early evening shot from the peak.

 

Blogger Irredento Urbanita said ... (September 30, 2006 5:29 AM) : 

What I like about your photos is the passion and good energy you use to catch great scenes of your city.

Greetings from Perú

 

Blogger Michael Salone said ... (September 30, 2006 2:03 PM) : 

Well, I have to say that I like them both for different reasons, but more importantly, I find them beautiful photos. Like in NYC, I find the views from above spectacular when you know all the life that is taking place below.

 

Blogger Carraol said ... (September 30, 2006 2:23 PM) : 

Hi, Your photo shows the magnificence of the place, a lighthouse under the Stars ! Radiante Energia. I'm learning a lot from your blog. Thanks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 30, 2006 9:33 PM) : 

Both are great shots, Lisi!
i am pondering myself..i think the 6:30pm one is less cliché

 

Blogger ~tanty~ said ... (September 30, 2006 9:47 PM) : 

Both are wonderful shots but I like the 6.30 pm version more. Have a nice weekend :)

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (September 30, 2006 10:32 PM) : 

thank you thank you for liking this. I took this from a new viewing deck on the Peak and what I like best is that, using a wide angle lense, I can cover much further to the East side of the harbor. I like this view very much :-)

 

Blogger Ame said ... (September 30, 2006 10:33 PM) : 

I like this one best too Lisi! Looks like a sparkly jewel...and I'm sorry, but that one tall roundy top highrise always "stands out" to me...I'll behave myself now! LOL! Great shots! ;-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 01, 2006 2:14 AM) : 

Magnificient photo! So there is such a thing as good glare!

 

Blogger Curly said ... (October 01, 2006 3:00 AM) : 

I think you have made the right choice Lisi. This is a superb picture.

Curly's Photoshop

 

Blogger Felicia said ... (October 01, 2006 4:59 AM) : 

Both are awesome - it must have been a difficult decision with the over 200 shots!!!

 

Blogger Eric said ... (October 01, 2006 8:02 AM) : 

See Lisi, there is nothing such as a good "cliche" from time to time LOL!

 

Blogger Denton said ... (October 01, 2006 9:05 AM) : 

I like the 7PM photo the best. The lights are more appealing to me. If I every go to HK this will be a scene I go out of my way to see.

 

Blogger Anna said ... (October 02, 2006 4:02 AM) : 

Lisi, your pictures are very very beautiful !

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (October 02, 2006 11:45 AM) : 

stunning! It is like jewelry.

 

Blogger Kala said ... (October 04, 2006 4:44 AM) : 

I preferred the one taken at 6:30 PM since it looks sharper and cleaner but they are both very impressive =) nice nightlights - i took a bunch of night shots through a glass in boston but they all had that reflective glare that kinda screwed up my images

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 12, 2006 1:54 AM) : 

Hi Lisi, I love this photo even if it is overused. I always feel like I am right with you when I look at your photos. Please keep them coming!!!

 

post a comment