Sunday, September 24, 2006

Busy harbor

650Just a photo to show you the Victoria Harbor on a busy day. This photo was taken from Central (HK island) looking towards Tsimshatsui and western Kowloon. Lots of activities going on with the hydrofoil, barges, ferry, a couple of small boats and even two helicopters, and just behind that giant advertisement of mooncake is a cruise ship at the terminal.

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Busy harbor"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 25, 2006 12:11 AM) : 

Really nice shot. What I like is the billboard right in front with that guy's funny face. It adds something else to the picture even :)

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (September 25, 2006 12:12 AM) : 

Karine, he's a popular comedian in HK

 

Blogger edwin s said ... (September 25, 2006 1:26 AM) : 

Eric Tsang endorses mooncakes too!!! That man sells everything doesn't he? LOL!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 25, 2006 1:51 AM) : 

Hey Lisi,

Memories! I stayed in the Hyatt (I think) right on the harbour back in 2000 - I loved it, the Peak and the Star Ferries I loved (I was only there for 2 days!)

Very cool shot...

DXBluey

 

Blogger Irredento Urbanita said ... (September 25, 2006 2:49 AM) : 

I admire urban images, so this one is something delicious for my eyes. Movement of helicopters and ships contrast with calm of the buildings and the sea. It's always possible to find some calm in cities.

Greetings from Perú

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 25, 2006 4:37 AM) : 

Great timing. Great shot. Refreshing to see Kowloon skyline for a change.

 

Blogger Bob said ... (September 25, 2006 6:00 AM) : 

Great shot. Lovely clarity - but I think the mooncake ad would have been better without the guy with his mouth open. Why oh why oh why don't the advertsing people listen to me?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 25, 2006 8:29 AM) : 

Very nice Lisi! I love the view of the mountain from the horizon, against those tall buildings! Very good composition!

 

Blogger Meg said ... (September 25, 2006 4:20 PM) : 

So clear. This is HEAPS better than most postcards of HK I've seen. Good job, Lisi.

 

Blogger Curly said ... (September 25, 2006 4:27 PM) : 

I don't think we appreciate the size of Hong Kong, but we certainly appreciate your images Lisi. How do you find the time to get around the place to provide us with something fresh evry day?

Curly's Photoshop

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (September 25, 2006 5:22 PM) : 

HI all, thanks for the footprints...I think this photo shows the vibrant life in HK...

and to curly, I do bring my camera along quite often, and since HK is a small place, we get quite different things by walking just a short distance.

btw, for your information, mooncake is yummy but very fattening.

 

Blogger Citizen_Stu said ... (September 25, 2006 10:25 PM) : 

The guy in the billboard is hiding from the helicopters :p

 

Blogger Fredrik Gustafsson said ... (September 29, 2006 3:13 AM) : 

That was a great photo! I love it, and mostly due to the helicopters. I have a weakness for things flying.
I'll be coming back soon, and probably come to HK as well, a dream since many years. When I do, you can read about it on my blog!

 

post a comment