Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Typhoon signal #3

The rain doesn't stay in the plain of Spain. We are having another typhoon nearby, so the typhoon alert is in effect. HK has five levels of alert, which is 1, 3, 8, 9 and 10, mostly depending on how close it is in distance (10 being the closest and the typhoon literally checks in to a local hotel......just kidding), and we are on 3 now. As you see, rain or shine, this old man is persistent in his routine exercise.

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Typhoon signal #3"

 

Blogger Chantal said ... (August 02, 2006 7:24 PM) : 

We also had big showers here last night....no camera shots though, I was in bed and didnt want to get out.

 

Blogger alice said ... (August 02, 2006 11:53 PM) : 

Here, it's raining all day long yesterday and today but it's a good thing, we do need water. But no typhoon in Bretagne, take care.

 

Blogger Rodney said ... (August 03, 2006 12:24 AM) : 

Wow! nice shot! I love rainy day photos. Your previous post is great too! The colors and the light are perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (August 03, 2006 12:44 AM) : 

I thought the alert levels are 1,3,8,9 and 10? Correct me if I am wrong.

 

Blogger edwin s said ... (August 03, 2006 12:46 AM) : 

it's been raining here for days!

I like the angle you took. It looks as if the court was a green, slimy pond.

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (August 03, 2006 12:54 AM) : 

ah Sunny, you are right, I have corrected it. Thank you very much!

 

Blogger Irredento Urbanita said ... (August 03, 2006 1:55 AM) : 

I really enjoy your pics, they are great. In my country will never be a Typhoon (at least in this century). so I see your typhoon signals and I have signals of afraid in my body.

Greetings from Perú.

 

Blogger Wilf James said ... (August 03, 2006 4:03 AM) : 

Hi Lisi, It is so good to stop by and see your lovely photographs. I have two problems, one is the fact I can only have dial-up and the second is my impatience of waiting for things to load.

The Mayor still has not managed to get broadband but he is trying his best.

I have enjoyed all the comments and the time you have taken to stop by and say hello.

Although your postcard is not yet in the post it soon will be. I want to make it a special occasion with a photograph on my blog so I may still have to wait another day or so because I am away most of tomorrow once again.

From the beginning of my photo-blog you have always been a regular visitor with the time to always say a few words. Thank you very much for that.

 

Blogger Mark said ... (August 03, 2006 6:38 AM) : 

Super photo lisi and I love the colours.
Lovely rain, something we havn't seen for a while. At the moment we have the mistral blowing and even thats hot.

 

Blogger Annie said ... (August 03, 2006 10:46 AM) : 

Stay dry and safe if the monsoon blows into your area.

 

Blogger Kris said ... (August 03, 2006 2:10 PM) : 

Hi, Lisi!
what i'm familiar with is "pat hoe foong kao" (typhoon #8 ?). Anyway, hope you're alright :)

 

Blogger midnitebara said ... (August 03, 2006 2:55 PM) : 

in the philippines, our typhoons were named ( female names), but here in japan just numbers...like typhoon no. 3 . (taifu san go)

oh , and when I first came here, newscasters called typhoon as typhoon, I thought that they didnt have a japanese name for it but then I was mistaken. It was in japanese....taifu 台風.

 

Blogger Kala said ... (August 03, 2006 4:20 PM) : 

thats pretty funny about the Typhoon checking into the hotel - but I imagine it must be scary to have a typhoon - I think a typhoon is similar to a hurricane?? We have hurricane seasons - not sure the difference b/n the two - good to know the locals are persistent in their exercise haha =)

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (August 03, 2006 6:42 PM) : 

Thanks everyone!

Kris and Midnite, I guess we all know typhoon, but I really didn't know we call it in such similar ways ;-)

This typhoon just passes by HK but the wind is really strong, it has already uprooted many trees!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (August 04, 2006 1:12 AM) : 

hahaha! Funny comment about typhoon checking in the hotel...Nice angle you got there Lisi.

We just had a series of typhoon these past weeks and it is still raining here. :(

Have a nice day!

 

Blogger AntiguaDailyPhoto.Com said ... (August 04, 2006 1:51 AM) : 

Lisi, see, I told you follow green everywhere. I like the perspective of this shot.

 

post a comment