Thursday, August 10, 2006

Tsimshatsui waterfront at night

More often when you see night photo of Hong Kong you are shown a view of the Hong Kong island waterfront from Tsimshatsui. This is a photo from the opposite direction, a photo of Tsimshatsui from the Hong Kong island. The lights are less glamorous but it has a kind of quiet beauty. On the left is the cruise terminal, and on the right is the Hong Kong Cultural Centre and the clock tower.

To see photos of Tsimshatsui in day time, please browse the April photo archive HERE.

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Tsimshatsui waterfront at night"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (August 10, 2006 8:45 PM) : 

Don't know if anyone else has this problem. On IE6, there is a big gap (blank space) between the title and the picture. With Firefox, the picture appears where it should be.

 

Blogger Cynthia Quiros said ... (August 10, 2006 10:06 PM) : 

beautiful!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (August 11, 2006 12:32 AM) : 

I still think HK has the most beautiful night skyline. Miss it so much!!

Anonymous: yes indeed, I have the same problem with IE.

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (August 11, 2006 12:41 AM) : 

Anonymous and Monique, I have IE7 and it is ok, but version of IE do you use? Does any IE6 users have the same problem? I will try to see if one of those forums provides a solution to this!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (August 11, 2006 1:35 AM) : 

Lisi,
I enabled script error display from IE, and got the following error:
Line: 2
Char: 7
Error: Invalid character
Code: 0
URL: http//hongkongdailyphoto.blogspot.com

The IE I am using is version 6.0.2900.2180 on WinXP Professional with SP2. Both my home and work machine act the same for today's picture.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (August 11, 2006 3:23 AM) : 

Lisi, I too notice an error in the last couple of days. I read your feed using Vienna (a RSS reader) and for some reason in the last couple of days (since your birthday), the photos do not come through the feed. The last post that work was Ghost festival. Whatever you did after that, it is causing problems.

 

Blogger Irredento Urbanita said ... (August 11, 2006 6:52 AM) : 

Really nice pic, I was a long time watching it. I don't like glamour because is so boring.

Greetings from Perú

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (August 11, 2006 11:09 AM) : 

For those we see problem with posts in IE6, I have no clue as yet but am still trying to find out. I do worry that if I don't sort it out, the blank space will appear on all future posts. I have compared html codes of individual posts and the whole blog and see nothing. What I did on Aug 8 was editing the city daily photo links and nothing else.

This is really weird. But thanks for telling me and let's see what happen to the post today. Do keep telling me if you see or don't see the problem.

Thanks

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (August 11, 2006 1:46 PM) : 

Gorgeous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (August 11, 2006 2:00 PM) : 

This is a beautiful night shot Lisi! =)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (August 11, 2006 2:03 PM) : 

Oh and I see the same error as anonymous above

 

Blogger zdenka pregelj said ... (August 12, 2006 12:37 AM) : 

Beautiful night shot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (August 12, 2006 1:06 AM) : 

Lisi, I still did not get the photo of the day (Center) through the feed. I use Macs and it has been about 4 years since I used IExplorer. In the Mac arquitecture, we have much better browsers (Firefox, Mozilla, Safari, Camino, Opera) and your site comes fine with this browsers. Good luck finding the problem for Windows IE users. Now, I do not how you are going to do it, but I want you to fix the problem with the feed... ;-) j/k

 

Blogger Kala said ... (August 12, 2006 4:03 PM) : 

OK, I dont want to confuse this even more but I use firefox and decided to try my IE for curiosity and I do not see the problem of gap between title and picture so Lisi must have fixed it?

I use same as Anonymous - Version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519

_ I found the version nuber from IE's help dropdown menu and "About Internet Explorer"

_ btw - georgous nice photo again - you always impress with nice night shots

 

post a comment