Friday, August 04, 2006

Kung Fu on bamboos

I took this photo from a bus, so there's a small speck of reflection. This man was working on a bamboo scaffolding and he looked pretty cool (or kewl?) to me. With a cigarette on his lips he moved on the scaffolding with great ease. Maybe he's a kung fu master......crouching tiger hidden dragon? ;-)

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Kung Fu on bamboos"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (August 04, 2006 9:07 PM) : 

I discovered your photoblog yesterday and from now on, will be a regular visitor! Thank you for giving me the chance to see pictures of my dear Hong Kong, that I miss so much.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (August 04, 2006 10:24 PM) : 

those bamboo sticks...hmmm...typical way of re-touching the building...
i wonder do other countries does the same thing too?

 

Blogger Denton said ... (August 05, 2006 12:31 AM) : 

Be careful with bamboo! Just a couple of weeks ago my brother in-law whet the emergency room after trying the break a bamboo stick on with his knee. He found that when bamboo splinters it is very sharp.

 

Blogger Citizen_Stu said ... (August 05, 2006 3:49 AM) : 

That looks amazing and in many ways much safer then normal scaffolding

 

Blogger Jenny said ... (August 05, 2006 10:21 AM) : 

I like this picture a lot! Did everyone get through the typhoon OK?

 

Blogger Meg said ... (August 05, 2006 8:34 PM) : 

Nice one. I know we used to use bamboo for scaffolding years ago in Japan, maybe until the 60's??? In those days men working on scafolds wore thick, outdoor 'socks' that had the big toe separate from the other toes. They are the same as the socks Japanese women wear with Kimono, except much tougher, and in black or indigo, not white. These worked better than shoes because you could curl your feet, as it were, to fit the curves of the bamboo scaffolding. (I'm not sure if the soles were treated to prevent slipping.)

 

Blogger Min Chan said ... (August 06, 2006 1:47 AM) : 

Amazing photos, Lisi. I've seen on TV how these construction workers use bamboo scaffolding. Tying them together is also an art!

Err... There is another Min who commented. I'm not the same one! LOL

 

Blogger Kala said ... (August 07, 2006 5:15 AM) : 

crouching tiger hidden dragon! - that director, is amazing isnt he? wow - the movies he produce is just crazy - anyway, my best Kung Fu movie is enter the dragon - with Bruce Lee - man, that is like a classic - they play that movie on AMC -American Movie classic - I took Kung Fu when I was little =) Nice post - reminds me of the days when I used to run my hands in hot sand - ok, maybe not =P

 

post a comment