Monday, August 21, 2006

Go bananas!

I found this in a small street in Wanchai and at my first click an old lady, a street-side fruit vendor, came and stopped me. She definitely went bananas and said a bunch of things. Well, I was really going to compliment her on the artistic display matching the marks on the bananas with those on the wall! ;p
(Just to clarify, most other vendors in the open-air market don't mind people taking photos of their merchandise.)

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Go bananas!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (August 21, 2006 8:14 PM) : 

Woa!! Are those really bananas??? I've never seen bananas that big!! But for sure she worked on the display. The stripes on the bananas reminds me of those of the walls ;)

 

Blogger Kim said ... (August 22, 2006 3:06 AM) : 

Lisi,
Perhaps she thought you were from the health department ;^p !
These bananas a stubby and fat compared to the ones in markets in the western US--remind me of plantains in shape.
-Kim

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (August 22, 2006 1:35 PM) : 

I love bananas. Especially banana milkshake.

Fried bananas are yummy too. We call it "Pisang Goreng" in Malaysia/Singapore.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (August 23, 2006 4:48 AM) : 

I will go bananas with this wall and bananas too. See Lisi, we like sort of the same things.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (August 23, 2006 4:55 AM) : 

Karine and Kim, this type of bananas are known in Central America as I (from Guinea, Africa where all bananas are from). Fried bananas are known as "platanos fritos" in Mesoamerica and they make also make a sort fried-pie filled with black beans from another banana known as Platano or Platano Macho. Really great stuff, enough to make you go bananas.

 

post a comment