Thursday, August 17, 2006

Chinese paper art

This is no fancy restaurant but a neighborhood Beijing dumpling eatery. I took this photo just a few hours ago while I had (late) lunch there. Of course the red Chinese paper cutting art is beautiful, but I think the colorful menu posters contribute to a great composition. By the way, the dumplings are good!
Links: wiki pages of Chinese paper art, Chinese dumplings

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Chinese paper art"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (August 17, 2006 6:54 PM) : 

I love dumplings, that's true they're delicious. This is a very nice picture, especially with the lighting over the menu posters.

 

Blogger Oleanderman said ... (August 17, 2006 8:28 PM) : 

The colours are lovely and make for a very tactile image - it's like we're there with you.Nice.

 

Blogger Jazzy said ... (August 18, 2006 3:22 AM) : 

It looks like another love photo, there're so many of them around at the moment.
After all I hope they had a good meal and a great time together.

The shot looks very cosy. Thanx for sharing.
Ciao from my part of the world =)

 

Blogger Matthieu said ... (August 18, 2006 5:10 AM) : 

I did not know Hong Kong DP before you left me a comment on my blog of Cherbourg (France). I will have a closer look at yout blog during the weekend, as I do appreciate what I see here. Before leaving you, thanks again for your messages.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (August 18, 2006 5:50 AM) : 

Hey Lisi, I am able to receibe your images thru the RSS feed. I do not know what you did, but it worked. I am happy to see it working today with such a great cultural image. Greetings from the lonely Antigua Daily Photo. Have a great day!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (August 18, 2006 1:16 PM) : 

That's a great photo Lisi! Yes I love those red cut-outs too. Chinese have many of those, and I see them quite often at Chinese restaurants here too.

 

Blogger geWi said ... (August 18, 2006 4:42 PM) : 

great photo!

 

Blogger midnitebara said ... (August 18, 2006 5:26 PM) : 

looks like a cozy eatery!! nice shot ! I also love your photo yesterday !

have a nice weekend!!

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (August 18, 2006 5:38 PM) : 

Rudy, I really didn't do anything at all! Blogger is playing game maybe?! I really don't understand......;-) anywaz, that's good.

To everybody, I thought about taking this photo before these two people came in, then I would probably have shot it a bit sideway to avoid the light directly. Well, they came in, took the table so they are in! ;-)

Thanks for dropping by and Yes Karine, I like the dumplings!

 

Blogger Marie McC said ... (August 18, 2006 9:30 PM) : 

Beautiful shot! It's much better with the people in it.

 

Blogger Kala said ... (August 20, 2006 6:18 PM) : 

Dumplings are very delicious and i do agree with you - the menu composition is very nice!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (August 21, 2006 11:37 PM) : 

Great find Lisi!

 

Blogger Chris said ... (August 24, 2006 6:39 PM) : 

Very pleasant shot. The colors suits the intimity of the two lovers...

 

post a comment