Thursday, July 13, 2006

Fishbone on balcony

I just walked past this apartment building, looked up and thought maybe this would let you have a peek of ordinary homes in HK; and that fishbone antenna are still occasionally used here. Are they still used at your city?

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Fishbone on balcony"

 

Blogger edwin s said ... (July 13, 2006 6:37 PM) : 

Yup, some homes still use the fishbone antenna esp. in the rural areas but satellite dishes are seen in most all the urban houses.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (July 13, 2006 6:42 PM) : 

of coz its still in use! especially if you want to watch some shows in other countries, definitely fishbone antenna would be the first choice! LOL

 

Blogger Nuno said ... (July 13, 2006 7:06 PM) : 

Cable is almoust everywhere but on rural areas this is very used yet. Satellite dishes are the new plague, i don't like to see them on ancient houses.

 

Blogger Kris said ... (July 13, 2006 7:23 PM) : 

Hey, Lisi!
Nope, we havent seen them here, mainly on the balconies are cable dishes..

ps. erm, am i seeing it right? the photo its just a small dot and i had to click on it to view larger :D cute!

 

Blogger Kala said ... (July 13, 2006 7:57 PM) : 

Hi Lisi

I havent seen an antenna in ages much less a fishbone one - but interesting post - always cool to see where other people live =)

 

Blogger Chantal said ... (July 13, 2006 7:57 PM) : 

I like the slightly low angle

 

Blogger Bob said ... (July 13, 2006 9:47 PM) : 

Hi lisi

Today's photo hasn't appeared on my screen so I can't make any comment. Bet it was nice anyway

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (July 14, 2006 1:55 AM) : 

We don't have a fishbone antenna anymore here.
P.S. I couldn't see any picture until I click on the small dot. Kind of cute :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (July 14, 2006 2:54 PM) : 

Oh yeah we still have that here...I'd say majority still use them.

Nice shot Lisi!

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (July 14, 2006 5:17 PM) : 

aiya...not sure what's up with that "small dot" problem but I had it some time ago at other blogs...anywaz am hoping it will go away.

Thanks for the footprints.

 

Blogger Felicia said ... (July 19, 2006 3:37 AM) : 

Hi Lisi, sorry I'm late on this, my computer sometimes has trouble loading your page. I've never seen those antennas before.In this photo, the Les Miz t-shirt was what popped out to me!

 

post a comment