Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Almost a Bob shot?

I remember seeing somebody described this kind of low angle photo in Barcelona Daily Photo as "Bob shot", and here's my attempt for one at the Tsimshatsui seaside promenade...well, the lighting and composition are nothing to compare with Bob's but at least the angle is quite low and the legs are there ;-p

If you haven't been to Barcelona DP and have no idea what Bob shots are like, I suggest you to click these links, you will be amazed...Girl carrying water, Carrer de la Lluna; Selling belts by the harbour, Port Vell; Two nuns in Carrer dels Tallers; White skirt with Carrer de la Lluna in the background; Barceloneta beach; Barceloneta; footbridge (legbridge) in the port; another shot from Carrer de la Lluna

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Almost a Bob shot?"

 

Blogger Edwin Sumun said ... (July 05, 2006 6:00 PM) : 

it's a 'Bob' shot alright! I think you captured it really well. Now we know the kind of shoes to wear with checks ;)

 

Blogger midnitebara said ... (July 05, 2006 6:14 PM) : 

yeah, definitely a " bob " shot.
I always wanted to ask him how he is able to take photos of people's feet. I dont want to imagine him lying on the street.., or you either!

cute photo!

 

Blogger Chantal said ... (July 05, 2006 7:49 PM) : 

fresh red pants....

 

Blogger alice said ... (July 05, 2006 8:56 PM) : 

A very good idea! Only four feet at Tsimshatsui? Strange!

 

Blogger Bob said ... (July 06, 2006 12:27 AM) : 

Hi lisi
Nice shot and excellently caught checked trousers and matching shoes.

Very flattering and thank you very much, I'm not used to being referred to - I didn't realise I'd posted so many pictures of legs and feet.

I imagine you didn't lie on the floor to take it, crouching is usually enough and if you're not too worried about the strange looks you get then all the better.

Thanks

 

Blogger Mark said ... (July 06, 2006 2:26 AM) : 

Nice shot Bob, sorry I meant Lisi.
I'd like to take a leg shot but I'm worried about being arrested:)
Seriously though it's a great pic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (July 06, 2006 10:50 AM) : 

Hehehe...I love your Bob shot Lisi! Hmm I must jump in the bandwagon and take a "bob shot"!

 

Blogger B.D. said ... (July 06, 2006 3:49 PM) : 

Hi just came across your blog. It's great. Why don't you check out my blog at...

Just kidding, this isn't spam. The intro is true. I came across your colorful blog with its artistic photos. I thought I'd try my own hand at it, but although I have a digital camera I'm stuck most of the time on a desert outpost in the Arabian desert, where by the way cameras are not permiitted. No chance to come up with a variety of interesting, colorful photos. So I decided instead to go with A Word A Day (in the UAE), inspired by your One Photo A Day.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (July 06, 2006 3:51 PM) : 

You're funny Edwin!

Interesting... Nice shot you got there Lisi - blue and red checks. Yup, indeed a "Bob shot" -i'll try that. :)

 

Blogger John said ... (July 06, 2006 6:43 PM) : 

It's Dorothy ! Wizard of Oz.

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (July 06, 2006 7:17 PM) : 

Hi, quite a few new visitors today! John, Jane and bd, Welcome to HKDP...

Yes, let's all try getting Bob shot, and make sure you let me know when you've got it!

Hi Bob, you better get used to being referred and quoted and flattered...no swivel viewfinder for me so I just guessed and clicked

;-) thank you all for the encouraging comments

 

post a comment