Friday, June 16, 2006

Maxim's

It's time for a food pix ;-)...that's our dinner at the Maxim's restaurant (yes, same name as the famous one in Paris). Maxim's is a restaurant chain, it is usually not the best place for adventurous gourmet seekers but definitely a safe place for tourists or sometimes, for locals who are looking for more basic dishes.
Btw, how's your chopsticks skill? Since I was holding the camera, I couldn't show you the perfect way...maybe next time.

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Maxim's"

 

Blogger Bob said ... (June 16, 2006 6:50 PM) : 

Modesty? I'm sure you can do pirouettes with chopsticks, hold the camera at the same time and are worthy of a place on a top chopstick dexterity display team. As for me, I can pick up large things (about the size of a ping pong ball, although not spherical -heaven forbid) but usually end up asking for a fork.

 

Blogger Cynthia Quiros said ... (June 16, 2006 9:46 PM) : 

yum yum yumm is that glased duck i see?????? ahhhhhhhh lisi this makes me sooo hungry and it´s not even noon!!

 

Blogger Deetsa said ... (June 17, 2006 3:40 AM) : 

That all looks yummy. Is it true that people in Hong Kong enjoy going out to eat at least twice a week?

 

Blogger Kris said ... (June 17, 2006 3:44 AM) : 

scrumptious looking! when you're going for dim sum ? ;)

 

Blogger Felicia said ... (June 17, 2006 4:26 AM) : 

Looks delicious, what are the brown things with the shrimp? I could use a chopstick lesson!

 

Blogger Nicola said ... (June 17, 2006 4:58 AM) : 

Hmmm, looks extremely yummy! What are the sauces on the left?

 

Blogger Monsieur Pain d'épices said ... (June 17, 2006 8:06 AM) : 

ben moi je signe de suite de la bouffe la vraie vie quoi...
je t'invite sur le site de terra vecchia pour apprendre a faire des moelleux aux chocolat...

 

Blogger stéphanie et arnaud said ... (June 17, 2006 1:28 PM) : 

Humm seems to be delicious§

 

Blogger Mark said ... (June 17, 2006 3:03 PM) : 

Humm, glased duck, prawns and veggies, love it.I also agree with Louise, change your profile you are a photographer.

 

Blogger Kala said ... (June 17, 2006 5:09 PM) : 

Lisi!! That is so cruel and inhumane of you to post this photo when I am starving and about to eat the table coz I'm so hungry ahhhhh thta looks sooooooooo delicious!! Do you like Jai (monk food)?? I just had some yesterday that someone bought for me - yummmmers

My chopstick stills are a big fat ZERO. I wish I was so skilled. so did ur friends wonder what da heck ur doing photographing food? I get ribbed about it so I dont fotograph foods hahaha

 

Blogger Kala said ... (June 17, 2006 5:10 PM) : 

To attempt an answer to Nicola's question - its oyster sauce? - just a guess

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (June 17, 2006 6:44 PM) : 

thank you all for your footprints!

Bob, you have all seeing eys

Nerissa, I'm not sure but I think people do in most big cities.

Nicola, they are oyster sauce and prawn sauce

Felicia, the brown stuff is some kind of mushroom

Kala, yes, I like Jai (that's vegetarian food)

 

Blogger Liz said ... (June 18, 2006 5:52 PM) : 

It's really sad that at the last moment I had to give up my trip to Hong Kong :-(

This post make me really hungry, and it's just morning!!!!


Ciao from Italy (humid and hot...too hot)

 

Blogger midnitebara said ... (June 18, 2006 6:17 PM) : 

wow, looks very yummy! onaka suita.

 

Blogger zdenka pregelj said ... (June 19, 2006 5:24 AM) : 

As photo (not foodwise) this is for me one of the best!

 

post a comment