Sunday, June 04, 2006

June 4th

I want to share today's photo to remember those who lost their lives on June 4th, 1989 in Tiananmen Square.
Photo shows the memorial sculpture at the University of HK, the two bigger Chinese characters means "national sorrow".
Links: The Tankman, special feature on PBS
Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 on Wiki

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "June 4th"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (June 04, 2006 5:30 PM) : 

thank you for the photo Lisi.

 

Blogger Mark said ... (June 04, 2006 6:17 PM) : 

Such brave people, may they never be forgotten.

 

Blogger Kris said ... (June 04, 2006 7:38 PM) : 

a moving image..can't believe its already 17 years! may they rest in peace.

 

Blogger Bob said ... (June 04, 2006 7:44 PM) : 

Great shot and post lisi.

 

Blogger Nicola said ... (June 04, 2006 7:58 PM) : 

That's a very touching sculpture.

 

Blogger Ineke said ... (June 05, 2006 3:39 AM) : 

Like Kris I think it's insane that that was already 17 yrs ago.
Good to know they're remembered.

 

Blogger Denton said ... (June 05, 2006 10:14 AM) : 

Thanks for the photo and for keeping their memory alive.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (June 05, 2006 11:45 AM) : 

Wow I don't even know about the Tianamen massacre...thanks lisi for sharing this. I learned a new thing today...and my prayers go to the poor souls who had to give up their lives for the cause they believe.

Heads up to them!

 

Blogger Deetsa said ... (June 05, 2006 2:38 PM) : 

That's a very dynamic statue. It's a great monument to their cause.

 

Blogger Liz said ... (June 05, 2006 4:51 PM) : 

I didn't know that the Tienamen massacre was on 4th June (or maybe I was too young to remember it)

The sculture is very impressive and make me feeld very sad

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (June 05, 2006 5:24 PM) : 

Thank you all for your footprints.

It is natural that the June 4th incident is kind of remote to you but it is an important issue to me, as well as to many Chinese. I'm glad that this year, I have this blog to let more people know about it. I hope to see the day when the Mainland government will give a fair assessment to the tragedy.

 

post a comment