Saturday, June 10, 2006

Flagstaff House & the robot

The black buildings in the background are arms of an injured transformer robot (my nephew told me). The white building in the foreground is the Flagstaff House, built in 1846, once the office and residence of the Commander of British Forces, the oldest existing Western building in HK, now home to the Museum of Tea Ware (my dad told me). ;-)
Two more photos of yesterday's lotus blossom here

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Flagstaff House & the robot"

 

Blogger Bob said ... (June 10, 2006 8:50 PM) : 

Interesting shot. Your family are a mine of information. Are they PowerrRangers arms or am I very old-fashioned?

 

Blogger Celine said ... (June 10, 2006 9:22 PM) : 

Your nephew is right, they do look like a Transformer's arms. Let us know if the buildings turn into something else, like a plane or a vehicle. :)

 

Blogger Missiz Jones said ... (June 10, 2006 10:11 PM) : 

Do you know how old are those "transformer arms"?... I lived in HongKong in 1994 and do not recall having seen any transformers' battle over the city...

 

Blogger Edwin Sumun said ... (June 11, 2006 12:47 AM) : 

Your nephew...LOL! Fantastic mind he has. And thanks for the lotus picture yesterday. I love the flower and I nearly was gojng to post one too. Taken in my garden because one just bloomed after a year of nothing. I love the lotus so much so that I tattooed it on my back.

 

Blogger Nicola said ... (June 11, 2006 2:25 AM) : 

Quite a mixture of architectural styles in this shot!

 

Blogger Annie said ... (June 11, 2006 3:20 AM) : 

Yes, the robot buildings do look like those transformer toys. I think I'd like a cup of tea now.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (June 11, 2006 9:34 AM) : 

wow.. what an architecture!

 

Blogger Felicia said ... (June 11, 2006 2:00 PM) : 

Great imagination your nephew has! Nice shot to show the different buildings together.

 

Blogger Kris said ... (June 11, 2006 3:00 PM) : 

I agree with the "injured transformer" theory ;) so, your dad and nephew are your wikipedia !! lol!

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (June 11, 2006 4:56 PM) : 

Hi everybody,

Bob, you don't know transformer robots but you know PowerRangers? well, they are actually older than the Rangers but equally violent.

Edwin, do show us the lotus in your garden...

Missiz Jones, I'm quite sure those transformer arms were there in 1994...but maybe there are just too many tall buildings in HK

thank you all for the footprints.

 

Blogger Kala said ... (June 11, 2006 7:54 PM) : 

nephew has quite an imagination :)

 

post a comment