Friday, June 30, 2006

Cross Harbour Tunnel

A scene from my life -- almost 11 pm last night on a double decker bus, on my way home after seeing a theatre performance. This is the Kowloon entrance to the Cross Harbour Tunnel, an 1.8 km underwater tunnel linking the HK island and Kowloon peninsula. Instead of the underground, I always prefer crossing the harbour by ferry or tunnel bus.

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Cross Harbour Tunnel"

 

Blogger Bob said ... (June 30, 2006 6:23 PM) : 

Great shot. I'm glad I'm not in there now

 

Blogger Jenny said ... (June 30, 2006 7:32 PM) : 

Reminds me of my NYC days - long past! I would NOT like to be in that traffic nowadays!

 

Blogger Chantal said ... (June 30, 2006 8:05 PM) : 

Great captured speed.

Have a great and sunny weekend!

 

Blogger Deetsa said ... (June 30, 2006 8:26 PM) : 

Hmm... look like toyes or a models in a diorama. Something like that. *S*

 

Blogger Kate said ... (June 30, 2006 9:21 PM) : 

I think that I'd get claustrophobia in there. Thanks for sharing a slice of your life!

 

Blogger Wilf James said ... (June 30, 2006 9:22 PM) : 

I love photographs that show movement in this way. What a great shot. I can remember crossing the harbour by ferry which was a great experience. It was quite a few years ago now!

Lisi, thank you for all the lovely comments you have posted on Réal DP. You are a winner.

 

Blogger Mark said ... (June 30, 2006 9:42 PM) : 

When I was there they only had the ferry:)
Love the energy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (July 01, 2006 1:14 AM) : 

Great shot Lisi to show the energetic side of Hk :)

 

Blogger zdenka pregelj said ... (July 01, 2006 2:38 AM) : 

Great shot!

 

Blogger Natalie said ... (July 01, 2006 7:24 AM) : 

What I'm wondering is how they build an underwater tunnel. That would be interesting to watch.

 

Blogger midnitebara said ... (July 01, 2006 7:52 AM) : 

lots of vehicles at that hour? oh, city life. Akita? the place is already asleep by that time.

 

Blogger Edwin Sumun said ... (July 01, 2006 11:29 AM) : 

wonderful perspective and I like how you treated the picture!

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (July 01, 2006 5:29 PM) : 

Hi all, thank you for dropping by...
It's not easy to take night shot on top of a moving bus but hey and I only got this one which is marginally "postable" ;-)

Luggi, what store?

 

Blogger Kala said ... (July 02, 2006 5:57 AM) : 

I am quite impressed by the clarity of the photo given youre on a moving bus - how long did the ride take? I am surprised so many people are out at this time - we would not have so much traffic at 11 PM unless there was a major major construction or something which still would not have as much cars - that must have been quite a performance hehe

I'd like to experience riding in an underground tunnel

 

post a comment