Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Snack time

A few DP blogs have shown local delicacies which look really yummy, and since I haven't done so for a while here are some typical snacks you can get in streetside stalls. These are all deep fried stuff including tofu, eggplant, sausage, chilli pepper, chicken nugget, meat balls, fish balls, dumplings and sweet potato. I've put my signature on the one I like most :-).

Hi, I'm playing with the settings for photo size so do let me know if it takes very much longer for you to load the page or if the photo doesn't come out right on your screen. Thanks!

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Snack time"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 16, 2006 6:29 PM) : 

Hi Lisi,

This pic made me go "Yum!" Come to think of it they don't have any streetfood in Sydney. I miss streetfood!

PS: Thanks for the nice words you wrote in my blog. It gave me a good feeling.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 16, 2006 6:57 PM) : 

The picture comes right away. I did not have any issue with that.
As for the picture, they all look really yummi!!! .... humm from what I can see, I'll go with the dumplings ones.

 

Blogger xo said ... (May 16, 2006 7:18 PM) : 

YUM! Are those chillis and eggplants stuffed?

 

Blogger Brian Dubé said ... (May 16, 2006 7:32 PM) : 

looks really great and fresh!

 

Blogger Mark said ... (May 16, 2006 7:38 PM) : 

Lisi, check out my reply to Real DP on the silver bra story.
This photo is out of 'ORDER', due to the fact that I can't 'ORDER' any of this super looking food, dam it!!

 

Blogger Pierre said ... (May 16, 2006 7:49 PM) : 

mmm tasty pic ! I'd like to taste one of each! The eggplants are really purple, arent'they?

 

Blogger Bob said ... (May 16, 2006 10:19 PM) : 

Looks very nice. Did you calculate world dinner/lunch times and post it half an hour before (on purpose):?

 

Blogger Cynthia Quiros said ... (May 16, 2006 11:59 PM) : 

yummmm i´d love to taste all of them!! They look quite inviting to me. Photo loading was fine, although my broadband is pretty fast! Lovely shot!!

 

Blogger Denton said ... (May 17, 2006 12:12 AM) : 

Funny how you signed the treat you like most. It also appears to be the healthiest. ,,, On your question. The photo was slow to appear and I am on a high speed connection ,,, I really liked your May 15th and 14th photos.

 

Blogger Anna said ... (May 17, 2006 1:33 AM) : 

That looks like very good.hummm :)

 

Blogger Liz said ... (May 17, 2006 3:57 AM) : 

yummy!!!! :-)

I just discovered that in June i'll be probably in Hong Kong for a week, so now I am looking again all your picture...I'll be so nice see again the same scenery when I'll be there!

ps: a question, which is the best area to stay in H.k. ? :-)

 

Blogger Nicola said ... (May 17, 2006 5:00 AM) : 

Looks very colorful and extremely yummy. Although, I'm not sure about the red and green stuff - is that very spicy?

 

Blogger DohaDailyPhoto said ... (May 17, 2006 5:44 AM) : 

wow its nice i like the eggplant.

 

Blogger midnitebara said ... (May 17, 2006 8:21 AM) : 

umm, I'd like to taste them all. Is the pepper very hot??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 17, 2006 11:23 AM) : 

Oh my gosh chili pepper! Yayks isn't that too hot??

 

Blogger danne said ... (May 17, 2006 12:09 PM) : 

wow!

 

Blogger stéphanie et arnaud said ... (May 17, 2006 1:40 PM) : 

Hummm! Yummy :)
Looks spicy, isn't it?

 

Blogger chillycraps said ... (May 17, 2006 3:55 PM) : 

food food... glorious food!!

looks similar to the haka yong tofu they have in Singapore.

where art thou, curry fishballs??

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (May 17, 2006 6:34 PM) : 

Yes, Crayon, some of them are stuffed with fish meat...

Yes, Bob, actually I timed to post after lunch time in Barcelona...

Liz, check out hotels in Tsimshatsui or Causeway Bay, the latter is much more crowded but more local shopping.

Siu Hang...curry fishball some other time, okay?

About the chilli pepper, some are spicy and some not, which is part of the reason I like it...very suspenseful sometimes...:-)

Mark, you can order but that would be expensive considering the airfare.

THANK YOU EVERYBODY FOR COMING BY, LOVE YOUR FOOTPRINTS!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 17, 2006 7:20 PM) : 

Yumm... get me hungry, and homesick for a while... I miss so much those streetfood in Hk :-S

 

Blogger Kris said ... (May 17, 2006 7:26 PM) : 

whao !! Lisi, this is torture :p ..can I have one piece each ;)

 

Blogger aphotoaday said ... (May 18, 2006 6:20 AM) : 

Street food is one of the things I like to try everywhere I go.. It seems I have another great reason to visit HK!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (May 20, 2006 10:54 AM) : 

Whoa! I LOVE tofu. I wish we had these options here in Texas!

 

post a comment