Thursday, May 18, 2006

The signs

Just a 5-minute walk from fancy brandname stores (LV, Gucci, Armani and whatnot) and the business center in Central is this narrow street where you can see some vibrant and colorful local life. OK, maybe you can't see much on the street from atop but you can tell from the many signs fighting for your attention.

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "The signs"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 18, 2006 6:29 PM) : 

Another of your photos that I like. A bit cliché but I like it. good day.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 18, 2006 6:58 PM) : 

This is the kind of pictures I like about HK. Busy!! All those signs in such a tiny alley. Great shot!

 

Blogger Bob said ... (May 18, 2006 7:15 PM) : 

Great shot - it fits in with my preconceptions too.

 

Blogger Brian Dubé said ... (May 18, 2006 7:57 PM) : 

That's a great picture, exactly what you think HK will be, too...
L

 

Blogger Jenny said ... (May 18, 2006 8:19 PM) : 

Yes, that's what I remember from when I visited!

 

Blogger Kala said ... (May 18, 2006 8:39 PM) : 

oh wow - that is crazy - was it raining?

 

Blogger Nicola said ... (May 18, 2006 8:58 PM) : 

Full of colorful signs! Great shot!

 

Blogger Deetsa said ... (May 18, 2006 10:50 PM) : 

Holy Smokes! That photo makes me feel claustrophobic!

 

Blogger DohaDailyPhoto said ... (May 19, 2006 12:23 AM) : 

nice shot :) i am comeinh to HK

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 19, 2006 12:55 AM) : 

Which part of HK was this? You can find scenes like this in many parts of HK.

 

Blogger Mark said ... (May 19, 2006 2:02 AM) : 

Really nice shot Lisi,I would love to spend some time shopping down there.

 

Blogger Missiz Jones said ... (May 19, 2006 7:30 AM) : 

Love it. I lived in HK for a few moths in 1994 and I miss that kind of images a lot.
I do love each one of your posts anyway!

 

Blogger Kris said ... (May 19, 2006 4:19 PM) : 

with so many signs,do you think people take note them? i would just walk-in to where ever that serves tasty food :D

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (May 19, 2006 6:00 PM) : 

Thanks for the footprints...

I wasn't sure about this photo when I posted it...I thought it was a cliche too but you know what...I think in any HK-related book, websites, TV programme, documentary, and (of course) blog, an image like this will be more complete...

:-)
;-)

 

Blogger AntiguaDailyPhoto.Com said ... (May 19, 2006 10:40 PM) : 

It is chaotic but with rhythm. I too wonder how effective the sign are. I also posted a photo with a business sign today. It is synchronicity.

 

Blogger zdenka pregelj said ... (May 20, 2006 2:17 AM) : 

The street looks sooooo interesting. Great shot!

 

Blogger Pirjo said ... (May 21, 2006 4:50 PM) : 

It's nice to know that some cliche is also true ;-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 26, 2006 9:02 PM) : 

hello,
i like your blog. you have very good and nice photo.. :)

btw, look at this.
this is the same street, no? ;) I made it couple of weeks ago..

 

post a comment