Saturday, May 27, 2006

Recycling cellphones

In the narrow and busy streets of shopping districts, you'll find more than a few of these itinerant traders. As cellphone is part of fashion these days, some are very eager to get rid of their (maybe only 3-month old) cellphones and be seen with the latest models. So this is how these traders get into business; they buy used cellphones and resell them, mostly in Mainland China, for profits. (PS. in this photo, the woman is the buyer...)

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Recycling cellphones"

 

Blogger Bob said ... (May 27, 2006 9:56 PM) : 

I still use one that you need 2 hands to hold

 

Blogger micki said ... (May 28, 2006 1:40 AM) : 

I'm with Bob, I had my old one for years. Almost never used it. I hate phones.

 

Blogger Mark said ... (May 28, 2006 2:35 AM) : 

I'm a gadget man myself....boys toys and all that! What are the prices like?

 

Blogger zdenka pregelj said ... (May 28, 2006 3:12 AM) : 

And i refuse to use them... Cool shot!

 

Blogger Sam said ... (May 28, 2006 3:16 AM) : 

I need a new cellphone - mine is hopelessly out of date, lol!

 

Blogger Nicola said ... (May 28, 2006 4:46 AM) : 

Interesting business model!

 

Blogger AntiguaDailyPhoto.Com said ... (May 28, 2006 10:44 AM) : 

It looks like it is the same everywhere now. My cellphone is three years old; I am hopelessly out fashion.

 

Blogger Jean said ... (May 28, 2006 10:56 AM) : 

Only in Hong Kong, you can you see this!

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (May 28, 2006 11:20 PM) : 

Hi, thanks for the footprints...

Mark -- I don't know the price but I think it depends on how "new" your phone is...

To me, my cellphone is a tool, so mine really isn't the fashionable kind. :-)

 

Blogger Kala said ... (May 29, 2006 6:43 PM) : 

a great idea and way to save the environment!

 

post a comment