Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Night view after rain


In March I have shown the daytime view of these "buildings of power". And here's the night time view after a heavy downpour. I think they are having this lights display every night from the top of the buildings. In the foreground corner, the red lanterns are part of the Temple Fair. I got this shot thanks to a pocket side mini tripod which comes with my cellphone :-)

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Night view after rain"

 

Blogger Bob said ... (May 03, 2006 6:20 PM) : 

Beautiful shot. lights shine more after rain and there's more reflection, both on the ground and from the drops of water in the air.

 

Blogger Kris said ... (May 03, 2006 6:31 PM) : 

er..did my first comment went in? it froze -_-

anyway, as I was saying, Lisi, this shot is Great and the scene spectacular :)

 

Blogger BarelyLiegl said ... (May 03, 2006 7:07 PM) : 

I guess these pictures are exactly the pictures that make people come there... If I had the money I'd book my flight right now! =)

 

Blogger Nicola said ... (May 03, 2006 7:28 PM) : 

Wow, cool night shot with the lights! Didn't know that they provide little tripods with cell phones already...

 

Blogger Chantal said ... (May 03, 2006 7:56 PM) : 

Awesome shot, great lighting.

 

Blogger Frankie said ... (May 04, 2006 3:38 AM) : 

c'est joli !!!

 

Blogger Jean said ... (May 04, 2006 6:20 AM) : 

Talk about burning the midnight oil. This is a fabulous shot and it as one we associate with Hong Kong.

 

Blogger midnitebara said ... (May 04, 2006 10:02 AM) : 

gorgeous!! Although I prefer living in the country side, this sights make me want to live in the city too..,sometimes!

 

Blogger kostas said ... (May 04, 2006 5:33 PM) : 

Very nice capture!
I think you are a good photographer,I see the daily life in your interesting city and I feel your environment.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (May 04, 2006 5:37 PM) : 

nice shot! the lights n colours are magical!!

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (May 04, 2006 6:45 PM) : 

thank you all for your footprints and very nice comments.

Kostas, welcome to HKDP and thank you for your compliment. I still have to improve my photography skill but it gives me a lot of pleasure to know that you can see and feel HK through my photos.

:-)

 

Blogger Brian Dubé said ... (May 04, 2006 7:11 PM) : 

Nice that you got such a good result from a cellphone camera!
L

 

Blogger Pierre said ... (May 04, 2006 10:51 PM) : 

Beautiful pic! I can't belive you did it with your cellphone!

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (May 05, 2006 1:12 AM) : 

Hi Lucy and Pierre,
Just to clarify it wasn't shot with the cellphone camera but I was using the mini tripod that comes with the cellphone.

 

Blogger Anna said ... (May 08, 2006 5:33 PM) : 

Whaouuuhhh this picture is beautiful

 

post a comment