Monday, May 01, 2006

Masterpiece painting?


I walked past this on the way home and thought it looks familiar. Then I figure out it bears some traces of Mark Rothko's painting style (hope I won't offend anyone here). You really should have a look of this painting to get what I mean; and click here if you want to see where I took this photo. It is actually a plumber's advertisement which says: "unclog drain" and his phone number. Now you only need the area code.

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Masterpiece painting?"

 

Blogger Kris said ... (May 01, 2006 5:43 PM) : 

it's painted on garbage bin? Good position !

 

Blogger Nicola said ... (May 01, 2006 5:46 PM) : 

I guess someone tried to paint over old advertisements. Nice color scheme :).

 

Blogger Sam said ... (May 01, 2006 6:09 PM) : 

LOL - it does look like a modern art painting!
And the phone number might come in handy some day!

 

Blogger Jenny said ... (May 01, 2006 9:58 PM) : 

Great photo! I think it's time you remove "not a photographer" from your profile as your pictures are always excellent!

 

Blogger Bob said ... (May 02, 2006 12:06 AM) : 

Nice shot. They say that great plumbers only become famous after they die.

 

Blogger Monsieur Pain d'épices said ... (May 02, 2006 7:24 AM) : 

un shoot plutôt cool...
j'ai mis un traducteur et tu peux venir me lire normalement maintenant bonne journée...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (May 02, 2006 12:36 PM) : 

i love how everywhere ppl write their contact numbers. i was in a tiny little village about 4 hrs south of HK and these people who were basically living out of small hovels still had cell phones and scrawled their numbers on the front doors. brilliant.

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (May 02, 2006 5:44 PM) : 

Hi all, thanks for the footprints...

Luggi, I'm just think MR fans may not like to see his works compared with this. Actually, I like his paintings myself, currently there is a MR exhibition in the Hong Kong Museum of Art.

Paradise, you're right, it might be easier to get a cell phone than a land line phone in some mainland cities.

 

post a comment