Thursday, May 25, 2006

How about a beer?

It's hot and humid today and when I was waiting to cross the road in Causeway Bay, I looked up and saw this. Tsing Tao beer is made in China and according to Wiki, it is "the number one branded consumer product exported from China". The Tsing Tao brewery was founded in 1903 in northern China. By whom? Who else but the German settlers!

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "How about a beer?"

 

Blogger Bob said ... (May 25, 2006 6:26 PM) : 

Hi lisi,

Greta shot. They sell it here. I know a distributor. Do they do 0% alcohol?

 

Blogger Mark said ... (May 25, 2006 7:12 PM) : 

Love one please! Chilled if posible.

 

Blogger Nicola said ... (May 25, 2006 8:08 PM) : 

Well, besides a lot of other things we got paper and apparently even spaghetti/pasta from China... Glad we could give something back ;).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 25, 2006 9:50 PM) : 

That beer was the only Chinese beer I was ever able to get back in the States.

 

Blogger Carlos Lorenzo said ... (May 26, 2006 2:44 AM) : 

Believe or not I took a couple of them last week at a Chinese restaurant near my place. Its good beer, not very strong but with good flavor. Nice shot, I will remember it when I return to the restaurant.

 

Blogger Kris said ... (May 26, 2006 2:48 PM) : 

they export? but i havent seen..hmm, yeah, interesting !

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (May 26, 2006 5:22 PM) : 

Mark, aren't you glad that Tsing Tao beer is not "out of order" in your city??

Nicola, how true, I don't think they made beer before then.

Thank you for the footprints and after I posted the photo last night; I ordered a Tsing Tao draft for dinner ;-)

 

Blogger Pirjo said ... (May 27, 2006 3:55 AM) : 

We have Tsing Tao beer here in Oulu at Chinese restaurants. Not bad beer at all...

 

Blogger zdenka pregelj said ... (May 28, 2006 3:11 AM) : 

The colors are great, and one feels "refreshed" on this heat with this beautiful shot!

 

Blogger AntiguaDailyPhoto.Com said ... (May 28, 2006 10:39 AM) : 

I honestly did not know that you have posted a beer photo on the 25th, but I am glad that I did follow with a beers photos on the 26th. The Germans settlers also founded the breweries in Guatemala.

 

post a comment