Friday, May 19, 2006

Hoop dreams

I took this 2 days ago when HK was under typhoon alert, and this young man was playing by himself amidst rain and wind. This image reminds me of "Hoop Dreams", a highly-acclaimed documentary feature which I like very much. When I searched on the net, I realize it is...wow, 12 years old. And those were the good old days when I could go on movie marathons for free because of work ! Anywaz, do you think the ball went in?

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Hoop dreams"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 19, 2006 6:49 PM) : 

Hey Lisi,
I'm not sure the ball went in, but what's sure is that this is a cool shot. I wonder first what surface he was playing on... when I read about the typhoon. Hope there has been no big damage in HK. (love the smiley with the cam ;)

 

Blogger Bob said ... (May 19, 2006 7:22 PM) : 

Nice shot and reflection. Looks slippy.

 

Blogger Kris said ... (May 19, 2006 8:44 PM) : 

Hi,Lisi!
Good shot! I think he scored! (yay for him!)

ps. the camera was one of the item on display. Just lucky to have noticed the reflection on the lens.
sure you will catch something similar one day! :)

 

Blogger Alex said ... (May 19, 2006 8:45 PM) : 

Cool. The net is quite high too! I think also the ball went in considering the position of the boy + ball.... So could he make it Lisi?

 

Blogger Missiz Jones said ... (May 19, 2006 8:52 PM) : 

Very nice shot. Green,peacefuland quiet (despite the typhoon alert !) Great contrast with yesterday's post... I think the guy scored...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 20, 2006 2:12 AM) : 

I think he had a real chance getting the ball in. First I thought, what is the chance of making a basket in the middle of a typhoon. But then I saw that the palm trees on the background not even moving. It could not have been that windy. Judging from his body position, I bet he put spin on the ball too. Should be an easy two.

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (May 20, 2006 5:59 PM) : 

Hi all, thanks for the footprints...oh, that ball did go in, pretty cool for him!

 

Blogger Kala said ... (May 21, 2006 2:13 PM) : 

It looked like he was walking on water at first glance - and nope the ball did not go in - the angle is too low. :D

 

Blogger Sam said ... (May 21, 2006 3:15 PM) : 

I love this shot!!

 

post a comment