Sunday, May 21, 2006

Frantic tree

HK is rainy and windy today; and having always mistreated my camera, I decided to be nice today and let it stay in. I took this from my window and I just like the effect of the moving tree. Don't you think it looks rather frantic while the trash can is just staying cool? How's the weather in your city?

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Frantic tree"

 

Blogger Jenny said ... (May 21, 2006 8:32 PM) : 

What a very cool shot! I love the way the tree looks like water!

 

Blogger Denton said ... (May 21, 2006 10:37 PM) : 

I have wanted to take a photo of the rain however I face the same challenge you face, of not wanting to mistreat my camera. Nicholas (from Honolulu DP) has a water proof camera. Maybe that is the way to go.

PS: Your "signs" photo from May 18th is unique and interesting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 21, 2006 11:15 PM) : 

I like the scary movement a lot ;) at first sight, I thought you did some Photoshop tricks.. Here the weather is cold. Currently 12 degres Celcius, sunny, no wind, and it is 12.15pm :)

 

Blogger Bob said ... (May 21, 2006 11:39 PM) : 

Great effect. It looks like some sort of tree monster. Weather warm - just come back from the beach

 

Blogger Nicola said ... (May 22, 2006 12:10 AM) : 

I guess we have similar weather. Windy and cloudy, no rain today but the whole day yesterday. But actually I don't mind, I think nature needs this kind of days as well... (and I have a lot of work to get done, so this weather is actually perfect) :).

 

Blogger Carrie Nichols said ... (May 22, 2006 12:46 AM) : 

It is windy and rainy here today too. We had a lot of thunderstorms all through the night last night. The temperature right now is 62F--not sure what that is in C.

Love your pictures. The shot of the tree is cool.

 

Blogger Andrea said ... (May 22, 2006 5:08 AM) : 

What a great picture..I love the way the tree came out...It's been rainy and very windy here too...

 

Blogger Deetsa said ... (May 22, 2006 7:30 AM) : 

Cool picture. I love the intense green of the tree.
The weather here has been VERY weird. Wind storms that blow up out of nowhere. Temperatures which fluctuate wildly every couple of days. Sudden hailstorms. Three thunderstorms within a week of each other in a place which usually gets one thunderstorm per 7 years. Crazy!

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (May 22, 2006 5:18 PM) : 

Thanks for the footprints...it looks like a few cities have some weird weather these days and I heard this could be an La Nina year...rain continues in HK today; temperature is unusually cool for May but it's pretty comfy.

 

Blogger Kris said ... (May 22, 2006 7:08 PM) : 

thats a strong one ! ..however, it makes a great photo, really !

 

Blogger AntiguaDailyPhoto.Com said ... (May 22, 2006 10:10 PM) : 

Lisi, from where did you take this picture? I looks like the wind was really blowing, yet the rest of the photo was at rest ;-)

Good job!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 23, 2006 4:02 AM) : 

This is the most interesting one I have seen here. Kind of creepy looking but very cool.

 

Blogger Brian Dubé said ... (May 23, 2006 8:02 AM) : 

Yes, the tree is great with that movement and color. Our days have been the same, frantic wind, bright sun, periods of heavy rain...
L

 

post a comment