Monday, May 29, 2006

Connaught Road

This is Connaught Road in Central around 10 pm on a weekday evening. About 120 years ago this was the shoreline of the HK island. Nowadays it is a major passage linking the island to other parts of HK, or even the world -- check in your flight at the Central terminal (behind the building on the right), take the 23-minute airport railway ride and you'll be on your way.

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Connaught Road"

 

Blogger Ineke said ... (May 29, 2006 6:22 PM) : 

What a fantastic view! I love the city night life character

 

Blogger Mark said ... (May 29, 2006 6:31 PM) : 

Lisi,this has got to be one of your best photos, the light the colour and with movement. Makes me want to rush to the nearest city. Never mind I'll just have to go to the beach.....again!!

 

Blogger Kala said ... (May 29, 2006 6:41 PM) : 

I completely agree with the others - I cant imagine how you took this awesomus photo - the colors and lighting are superb - I enjoy the black buildings and colorful street ways!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 29, 2006 6:57 PM) : 

What a perfect shot! U must have used a tripod to get such good movements and perfect lighting, no?

 

Blogger Chantal said ... (May 29, 2006 8:11 PM) : 

great captured speed and light.

 

Blogger Nicola said ... (May 29, 2006 9:01 PM) : 

Wow, busy streets! Great night shot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 29, 2006 10:54 PM) : 

hey, i just discovered your blog and i love it! i live right across the border in shenzhen and have a very similar website, except i post about 3-5 photos per day. i only wish you were not on blogspot, because that is blocked in china, but at least its not something that i can't solve with a proxy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 29, 2006 11:00 PM) : 

I agree with others; this is one of your better photos. I enjoy the color, the movement, and the night-life feel to it. Good job!

 

Blogger Jenny said ... (May 29, 2006 11:14 PM) : 

Fantastic photo - where were you standing? On a footbridge?

 

Blogger zdenka pregelj said ... (May 29, 2006 11:59 PM) : 

Fantastic night shot. What a view! Great.

 

Blogger Bob said ... (May 30, 2006 3:06 AM) : 

Fantastic

 

Blogger midnitebara said ... (May 30, 2006 7:19 AM) : 

what else can I say but..superb!
I'm also curious as to where you were stading when you took this shot..on an overpass maybe??

Anyway, thanks a lot again for helping me out while I was away.

 

Blogger Carlos Lorenzo said ... (May 30, 2006 7:48 AM) : 

This picture of Connaught Road is spectacular. You are providing us with amazing shots and polished detailed infos that make traveling to Hong Kong a must.

 

Blogger Deetsa said ... (May 30, 2006 1:24 PM) : 

A great picture. It really invokes a mood. For me, it gives a stressed-out feeling

 

Blogger Pierre said ... (May 30, 2006 3:39 PM) : 

Gorgeous pic. Wonderful exposure. Perfect!

 

Blogger Louise Starkey said ... (May 30, 2006 3:41 PM) : 

This is a great photo. I think you need to change to your profile from 'not a photographer' to a good photographer.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 30, 2006 4:01 PM) : 

Great photo Lisi!

 

Blogger Kris said ... (May 30, 2006 4:39 PM) : 

wow! Lisi, this is awesome!!!
i agree with Loise, its time to change ..;)

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (May 30, 2006 5:14 PM) : 

Thank you for the compliments! This is such a typical HK night photo :-)

Jesse -- welcome to my blog
Karine, Jenny and Midnitebara -- I was on a footbridge like the one on the right and I just put my camera on the ledge and let it did the exposure.

Louise and Kris -- how about changing that to "almost a photographer"? Frankly I'm not always happy with my skills ;-)

 

Blogger perle de rosée said ... (May 31, 2006 6:00 PM) : 

Whaoh ! It looks like we were there. Big effect !

 

Blogger stéphanie et arnaud said ... (June 02, 2006 3:10 PM) : 

Wonderful view and shot!

 

post a comment