Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Bamboo scaffolding

Knowing these bamboos are being taken down is absolutely good news to me and my neighbors! Our wishful thinking is that it signifies the construction work of an apartment building nearby is almost finished (peace on my side of earth). I'm not sure if bamboo scaffolding is used in other Asian cities but it is an expertise of local construction workers. You can see a bamboo scaffolding in the background or click here to see another photo.

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Bamboo scaffolding"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 17, 2006 7:14 PM) : 

I think very often of Hk when I see those construction works in Europe by means of metal scaffolding. Funny I miss those bamboos... specially when they are just building one, in metal, in front of my window here... mmmh, have to say that perhaps it may be safer for workers this way...

Thank you Lisi, by chance you have posted these two consecutive days two of the stuffs that i miss from home...

 

Blogger Bob said ... (May 17, 2006 7:22 PM) : 

Great shot and very interesting. The workers must be very skillful.

 

Blogger Kris said ... (May 17, 2006 7:28 PM) : 

Great shot and p.o.v., Lisi ! Good thing is they could recycle for the next project :)

 

Blogger Mark said ... (May 17, 2006 8:49 PM) : 

When I see bamboo scaffolding it reminds me of two things, my childhood and Mr J Chan.

 

Blogger Kala said ... (May 17, 2006 9:16 PM) : 

amazing how strong these bamboos are - glad to hear you're gonna have some peace and quiet!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 18, 2006 2:19 AM) : 

I have also seen them in Thailand.

 

Blogger aphotoaday said ... (May 18, 2006 6:17 AM) : 

I never thought bamboo could be that strong.. We have metal ones, round here. Not so pretty, but the noise that comes from them must be the same everywhere!

 

Blogger Brian Dubé said ... (May 18, 2006 8:50 AM) : 

I wish they used the bamboo ones everywhere, durable, less noisy, less wasteful, easier, not so wasteful of resources...
L

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 18, 2006 10:42 AM) : 

Yep we use those too :)

 

Blogger Nicola said ... (May 18, 2006 3:47 PM) : 

I've seen that on TV and it quite fascinates me. Bamboo looks so fragile but I guess its flexibility makes it very valuable for the construction business.

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (May 18, 2006 6:40 PM) : 

Hi, thanks for coming.

I think this is a special kind of bamboo which is stronger and more durable. The art of bamboo scaffolding was used as a theme of a HK cultural festival in Berlin a few years ago.

 

Blogger Cynthia Quiros said ... (May 19, 2006 10:38 AM) : 

love bamboo, it´s such a beautiful plant!! I never knew thay were loud!!

 

Blogger Cynthia Quiros said ... (May 19, 2006 10:39 AM) : 

i was just kidding, at least you´ll have a really QUIET time then!!

 

post a comment