Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Temple Fair in Central


We are back to Central because there's a Temple Fair at the waterfront. Here we have a traditional worship podium side by side with a symbol of technology (the 88-storey International Finance Centre 2 also seen in photos on April 9 & 16). The Temple Fair is an event organised by the Tourism Board, and from what I saw, the locals are equally interested in it.

See a Google Earth image or more about the Temple Fair.

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Temple Fair in Central"

 

Blogger Bob said ... (April 25, 2006 6:01 PM) : 

Great contrast- Two temples, the traditional one and the modern temple for the worship of material

 

Blogger Chantal said ... (April 25, 2006 7:10 PM) : 

Nice angle, looking up. It is how I see the world all day, I am in a wheelchair.....

 

Blogger Sam said ... (April 25, 2006 7:51 PM) : 

The colors are so vibrant!! I love that!

 

Blogger Jenny said ... (April 25, 2006 8:07 PM) : 

I second what Bob said - great juxtaposition!

 

Blogger Lorethian said ... (April 25, 2006 11:38 PM) : 

Isnt it interesting the old temple is so full of color and the modern is so bland?



http://kansascitydailyphoto.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Edwin Sumun said ... (April 26, 2006 12:04 AM) : 

very nice. i agree with everyone on the constrast of the two towers. Unfortunately, in this case, the bland modern one will stand longer.

 

Blogger Rodney said ... (April 26, 2006 2:07 AM) : 

Nice shot! The contrasat in colors and old and modern. Great!

 

Blogger Carlos Lorenzo said ... (April 26, 2006 7:29 AM) : 

Seems to be an interesting fair. very colourful picture and very practical to have it spotted on a Google Earth Map.

 

Blogger Nicola said ... (April 26, 2006 4:45 PM) : 

Wow, I love the bright colors of this! Great photo!

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (April 26, 2006 5:11 PM) : 

Hi everybody...I'm glad you like this because after I read Menggarang's comment last night I just couldn't wait to go out and take photos. Thanks for the suggestion and I welcome everybody to make more. To Chantal: this blog is helping me to see the beauty of HK which I didn't see before...

Don't forget to click the links in the new post to see the night view!

Thanks for the footprints!

 

post a comment