Thursday, April 20, 2006

Shopping paradise


Tsimshatsui is like a big shopping mall with hotels and restaurants. Comparing to Causeway Bay, I guess the shops are more of luxury international labels such as Dior, Dunhill (yes, it is Jude Law in yesterday's photo) and a. Testoni as seen in this photo taken at Peking Road. In the foreground is one of the many flower boxes put on the street by a shopping mall nearby.

(I just got back from a few days in Taipei and thanks to Nicola for posting for me in the past week; also I'm trying hard to catch up on DP blogs...)

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Shopping paradise"

 

Blogger Bob said ... (April 20, 2006 6:36 PM) : 

Hi Lisi

Hope you had a good time.

Nice shot. Captures the intensity of the modern shopping - my limited brain finds it hard to understand "shopping" and "paradise" together in the same sentence:-)

 

Blogger Chantal said ... (April 20, 2006 6:59 PM) : 

Dior.... everywhere around the world.

 

Blogger Kris said ... (April 20, 2006 7:14 PM) : 

Welcome back , Lisi :)
Like this perspective! modern buildings vs nature's flowers :)

 

Blogger Citizen_Stu said ... (April 20, 2006 7:41 PM) : 

The eyes of the two posters seem to follow me around the room

 

Blogger Brian Dubé said ... (April 20, 2006 7:44 PM) : 

This reminds me of Fifth Avenue in New York, all the same names, though no large posters there, those are downtown or on Times Square...
L

 

Blogger Jenny said ... (April 20, 2006 8:12 PM) : 

I guess big cities are the same the world over - though I didn't see any areas of Paris that looked like this, come to think of it!

 

Blogger chillycraps said ... (April 20, 2006 9:42 PM) : 

Peking Road... is it the same road where hard rock cafe is at??

the word Dior is really catchy!

 

Blogger Edwin Sumun said ... (April 20, 2006 9:59 PM) : 

hey Lisi, welcome home!

the auditions were fun and now we're waiting for the results.

and I love Jude Law!!! Dunhill hasn't released the ads here yet.

 

Blogger Nicola said ... (April 20, 2006 11:29 PM) : 

Wow, the billboards really dominate the cityscape there. Welcome back!

 

Blogger DiaKL said ... (April 21, 2006 8:21 AM) : 

I really want to visit HK!!! :)

 

Blogger midnitebara said ... (April 21, 2006 12:02 PM) : 

Welcome back!!
At least people are nice enough to put flowers on that city street.Otherwise it would be just like any other concrete jungle.
nice shot!

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (April 21, 2006 6:35 PM) : 

Hihi, thank you for your footprints...if my blog makes you want to visit HK I would be very happy :-), though like every city it is not ALWAYS beautiful, such as the pollution I showed earlier...:-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (April 22, 2006 5:20 AM) : 

nice shot ! sorry by curiosity, what kind of camera are you using ? digital? brand and model ? thanks.

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (April 22, 2006 10:58 PM) : 

Hi Michelle, thanks for coming to my blog...I'm using a Panasonic FZ10 digital camera, with a wide angle lense for this photo but most of the time I'm just too lazy to carry the lense around...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (April 30, 2006 1:05 PM) : 

was there. walked around for 4hrs. bought nothing!

i spent most of my time visiting the temples, eating in the restaurants, and going to the sha tin racetrack. the last of which is sort of a guilty pleasure of mine. :-O

 

post a comment