Monday, April 10, 2006

Let's go to Tsimshatsui


I have to confess, in the past 2 months I have never shown anything outside of Hong Kong island :-). So, in the next few days, we'll cross the harbor by ferry and go to the Tsimshatsui district. To show where the pier is, the easiest way is to show this (ugly) skyscraper -- the 88-storey IFC which is right by the pier on the waterfront. See the clock tower? This is where we'll board the ferry and cross the harbor tomorrow.

(HK can be loosely divided in 4 parts, from south to north: HK island, Kowloon peninsula, the New Territories which is directly connected with mainland China; and a number of islands around the city.)

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Let's go to Tsimshatsui"

 

Blogger chillycraps said ... (April 10, 2006 5:57 PM) : 

what does IFC stand for?

haha you don't sound like you like it any bit...

 

Blogger Ineke said ... (April 10, 2006 6:07 PM) : 

Great shots Lisi!
I really like the way how you explain HK to us!

 

Blogger Nicola said ... (April 10, 2006 6:08 PM) : 

Very interesting! So is Hong Kong island the old downtown, where the city started to grow from?

 

Blogger Chantal said ... (April 10, 2006 7:44 PM) : 

Great architectural photo, I love buildings.

 

Blogger Bob said ... (April 10, 2006 9:48 PM) : 

What a tall building

 

Blogger G Fraser said ... (April 11, 2006 12:32 AM) : 

the building looks a bit lost...so tall and so lonely!

 

Blogger Citizen_Stu said ... (April 11, 2006 3:36 AM) : 

It looks like you have a lot of interesting stuff to take photos of there.

 

Blogger Carlos Lorenzo said ... (April 11, 2006 4:35 AM) : 

It doesn´t look ugly to me. I find your info on HK quite interesting. I think we would all love to visit your city if we had the chance

 

Blogger Jenny said ... (April 11, 2006 8:54 AM) : 

I think this is my first time visiting your blog (though I have been to Hong Kong, once before - for 2 days, in 1992! I loved it!) -your photos are wonderful!

 

Blogger Ggraph said ... (April 11, 2006 9:18 AM) : 

You must get quite a view from that building since it's so tall and sits at the water's edge. It's not too ugly to me. I love your tour of HK it's great!

Regards,
Mark

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (April 11, 2006 6:15 PM) : 

Hi everyone:

IFC is "International Finance Centre", and about why I fail to see the beauty of this skyscraper...well...I'll show you in a couple of days.

Thanks for coming by...

:-)

 

Blogger Anna said ... (April 16, 2006 2:55 PM) : 

Très impressionnant !

 

post a comment